Riding School Cambridge

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise Riding School Cambridge

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    R6_Bird
    Participant

Firstly I’m not sure if naming this school is appropriate unless people think it’s necessary, I’d just like to describe my friends experience and would recommend anyone in the Cambridge arrear to go to Camrider.

I have just visited a friend of mine whose 17 yr old daughter has just failed her A1 test. She’s a lovely lass who’s been riding a scooter since she was 16 and purchased a 125 a few months ago. Anyhoo, her mum booked her a two day training course in Cambridge with test included on final day just to make sure she’s up to scratch with manoeuvres etc.
    Upon dropping her off and paying cheque up front, thought it was strange that the gentleman in charge that day, which turned out to be the manager, was very concerned that another girl who was riding with them today and taking test that day hadn’t arrived, and my friend thought to herself “I bet she’s a looker” and sure enough she said this young girl was stunning.

After day1 my friends daughter had said it was horrible, her bike was broke and had to borrow one from the training school- which does knock you when you feel under pressure, having to get used to a different machine.
    She had also been called “stupid” by this instructor made to feel an idiot due to not being able to jump on a different bike and ride it with full confidence within half hour- I know it takes a while for me to get used to my husbands bike, clutch control, height, weight and positioning. Plus witnessing the other girl being bullied and shouted out by this man. Needless to say the other girl failed her test as well.
    So that evening her mum could only really say, see how tmrw goes you may feel better and more focussed etc.

Day 2;
    There was 2 instructors in the office and 3 young lads that would be riding with her that day.
    The manager noticed a logo on her top GY08, asked abruptly what it meant. To which she replied Great Yarmouth 2008- basically a wkend break she had with her and a few mates after end of school year.
    The manager then accused her of being “one of them girls that get all tarted up, wasted and using men for what her needs are…1 of those slappers” to which she was mortified at and sarcastically just said “yes alright then” to.
    The manager looked at other trainer and the second guy just said “yeah I know I would tho”!!
    The other lads did not where to look, and they were bullied and shouted at for the rest of the day. My friends daughter was shouted at and no constructive advice on how to correct any mistakes were giving- not that she wasn’t shook up enough already.

So needless to say she failed. My friend cancelled the cheque to the company and filed complaint with police and DSA. When the riding school tried to call my friend she refused to take the call and text them back stating that the matter had been passed over to DSA and they were not to contact her or her family again. She received 2 text messages from the manager’s wife, stating that my friend was irresponsible parent for making her daughter ride a bike on the road, that she was a danger on the road and her husband saved her from 3 accidents and that she would be taking her to court over the money and slander. I can understand how upset this lady must feel but to question my friend parenting is appalling and could be no further from the truth, as my friend would be much happier for her daughter to drive a car, and I know her daughter is such a careful riding and has lots of road experience from riding since she was 16. She has a test rebooked next week and I wish her the best of luck for this and a happy 18th this wkend

HippoDrones
    Participant

Its terrible when the people given the responsibility (and money) to build new riders up to a decent standard are not only a let down in the training, but also in the aweful bullying and blatent sexism.

I hope that it hasn’t put the lass off and she has found a decent school to learn with?

We are lucky down here as the school I and all my friends reccommend to new riders is very proffessional, yeah there is a bit of banter but you need that to an extent, not to the point of bullying tho!

TT07
    Participant

Well, there is good and bad out there, and anyone who views our site (be they members or not) can personally take note of what OUR members have to say. If you read OUR comments and agree or disagree on what is said why not join us and comment on what our members have to say. We have a common interest, so lets help each other, personel recommendations carry a lot of weight here. If name mentioning points us in the direction of good or bad it, so be it. Forewarned is forearmed, thanks for the information Hev (R6 Bird). Hope your friends Daughter does fine from this point on.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear she had a bad experience but great that she persevered.

Pass our good luck on to her for the test, would be nice if she could drop us a message when she passes. We have a lot of people arriving at this site from Google searches on “bike test” and “rider training” etc so it’s still a big thing.

Radar

Sounds like a bad experience and cheers for the info. Please let us know how gets on with her test

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.