Replacing the bike

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Replacing the bike

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Born2BMild
    Participant

Thinking of this as a replcement.

After the demise of my current bike, its seems pointless to buy a brand new 125, if I’m taking my test later on this year. I’m thnking it would be better to go for something second hand in the meantime. I spied this on ebay and was wondering what you in your collective expert opionions, think and whether its a good idea.

Radar

It is certainly worth considering.

Gix
    Participant

Why wait to do test? Why bother with a 125 at all? Why not take your DAS and go for summat like THIS?[:D]

Born2BMild
    Participant

I was thinking I might need a bit practice before the test, Gix. I’m still pretty crap at it.

Digger
    Participant

dont be silly mike,look at r6chic she done it.If you go in at the deep end and take it easy you will gain confidence all the time,in the end you`ll be up there with the rest of us(no disrespect to you).[:D]

max
    Participant

bigger bikes are easier to ride you’ll find that out when you start your das lessons[;)]

sid
    Participant

go for it mike thats what the week training is for

GSF K1
    Participant

I agree with the guys.. you’d very quickly reach your limit on a 125 and push too hard and probably ride worse.. but at least going up to a bigger bike, it’ll keep you in check and you’ll learn more – quicker, and continue to develop as you gain experience.

Maybe not a super-sports 600, even a cheaper 600 4 pot/twin.. theres loads of choice out there.. Poohchick has an SV650 doesnt she?? They’re reported to be excellent machines. Hornets are good too. I had a Bandit for 8 months to get back into it before getting the Ninja. Faxers are solid bikes too.
    But do avoid the cheap XJ600’s … bulky, low on power and corrode quickly (so I’m told).

Born2BMild
    Participant

I’m swayed. Decided against the NSR and going to DAS. Just have to find the time and fit it in now.[:)]

couchpatato
    Participant

plus the milage that 125 has done, it was due a top end rebuild 14k ago, so it would end up costing dubble if you bought it.
    most 2 strokes need rebuilding around 10k.
    so im glad to hear you are going to do your DAS i did mine only a few weeks ago so if you need tips i got them.
    have a look at my page to see how much money i wasted progressing, i should have done my DAS as soon as my CBT was complete, i must say riding all the bikes ive owned has given me ideas of what to look out for when buying bikes lol.
    i will say that who ever does your DAS that you want a free asessment of your skills as i only needed a 2 day course to pass my pratical only cost £195.

get your DAS done:P
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/couchpatato
    couch

poohchick
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Born2BMild

I was thinking I might need a bit practice before the test, Gix. I’m still pretty crap at it.

Yeah and I did it tooo! I passed and two weeks later got my SV60, it’s much easier to learn on a bigger bike than on a smaller one, a heavier bike gives you better balance and co-ordination, it helps get you out of shite should you need it as well! So bite the chuffin bullet mate and get it on!! [:X]

poohchick
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSF K1

I agree with the guys.. you’d very quickly reach your limit on a 125 and push too hard and probably ride worse.. but at least going up to a bigger bike, it’ll keep you in check and you’ll learn more – quicker, and continue to develop as you gain experience.

Maybe not a super-sports 600, even a cheaper 600 4 pot/twin.. theres loads of choice out there.. Poohchick has an SV650 doesnt she?? They’re reported to be excellent machines. Hornets are good too. I had a Bandit for 8 months to get back into it before getting the Ninja. Faxers are solid bikes too.
    But do avoid the cheap XJ600’s … bulky, low on power and corrode quickly (so I’m told).

Bloody rite mate! I did a lot of homework before taking the SV, but I had my eye on it as all the write ups said the same, easy to master! Not to mention the fact I am a diddler and wasn’t left much to choose from!!

But I defo think of an SV, bandit or sumat of that Kaliber! Very popular and very easy to master! Don’t be put off by the size of the SV’s as mine is an 03 model which was lower than the new ones and I have had mine lowered even more! when I’m over Gix’s next I’ll bob through and you can have a quick spin if you like!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.