Radar said….

Home Forums Members’ bikes Radar said….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Billy
    Participant

i was to show you all some pic’s of my latest bike….she’s a 1996 cbr 900 rr-t fireblade..and she goes by the name of Dizzy
    8000 miles on the clock when i got her, 12300 miles on her now..

Picture003.jpg
    Picture002.jpg
    Picture010.jpg
    Picture005Small.jpg

Gix
    Participant

Still finding it a handful at slow speeds and on faster bends? Bit different from your old 600 tourer eh? [:o)]

Billy
    Participant

made a few changes to her since i bought Dizzy, she’s now sporting an new Akrapovic can and a smoked grey double bubble, took me awhile to get used to the 16 inch front end and the weird sensation it caused when slow speed manouvering, was like it wanted to fold under me, at speed she was dropping into corners just as i was thinking about it. but i was given some pointers in setting up the pre load and suspention..so now is all well with my world, I’ve just got to learn how to cope with the massive power surge when she hit 8k revs, too much too soon and she’s like a bucking bronco and wants to snake her end all over the road..but everydays a learning day, and we are both getting there

Radar

4300 miles already, clearly enjoying your new steed! Looks great Billy.

Billy
    Participant

yes mate, i found it all a bit different, so ive been doing 400 or 500 mile runs with her, taking the blade over all different terains just to get into my comfort zone with her, and by that i mean how she handles and not my riding comfort zone..its gonna take more miles to get me out of that mate[:D]
    only thing i can say now is….everyone should have a shot of riding one of these bikes, once you get used to the handling quirks its a dream on 2 wheels

Radar

I must adnit that I have been toying with the idea of buying an R1 to replace both the Thundercat and XJR. Keep us informed of how you get on with the blade this summer

Billy
    Participant

will do mate, pictures and write up to follow sometime in september[:D]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice looking bike Billy, glad you’re using it. You need to unbolt the P sign off the rear seat though, looks a bit naff.

Billy
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

Nice looking bike Billy, glad you’re using it. You need to unbolt the P sign off the rear seat though, looks a bit naff.

oh we have to have those fitter….its to show pedestrians just how close they can stand near the kerb when we’re cornering[:)]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.