Quick intro….

Home Forums Members’ bikes Quick intro….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Hi all, I have just ordered an 06 Triumph Speed Triple 1050cc neck-breaker!

I have had numerous bikes over the past 15yrs: MT-50, CB100, AR125, RD125, CB250RS, KMX200, VFR400 NC24, 750 Monster and a CBR600FY.

I am also a bit of a car freak and own an Mk2 MG ZS 180.
    I am a regular poster on the X-Power Forum and brit-cars.com

For a job I am an Engineer in th Royal Navy, serving on submarines for my sins.

I look forward to reading and posting on here.

Cheers all

sid
    Participant

ello pete and welcome B2BM was a navy man as well maybe you can swap tails lol

Gix
    Participant

Welcome to the forum Pete, you follow Radars link (Excel620 I think on car forums)?
    What colour is the triple you have ordered? [^]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Cheers Gix. Yup, I found this place from brit-cars.com

My new bike is black of course! Liked the white but like ducati’s should be red, Triumphs should be black! lol.

I’ve only been in the RN 5yrs and of that most of my time was at Collingwood training. Just got back from a 3month patrol and had to spend some cash, hence me getting a new bike. lol

Gix
    Participant

Yup! Black the only colour they should be! Look forward to seein some pics when you get it then![^]

Born2BMild
    Participant

Hi ya Pete, Welcome to the forum. Good ‘ere innit!

katana
    Participant

welcome Pete.

I’m dead jealous. I love the the new speed triple (although that number plate bracket needs to be chopped off). The tribal paint scheme looks great as well, but from what I can remember is a bloody expensive option.

Digger
    Participant

Hello pete,welcome to the bike forum.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Cheers all.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Ship ahoy Pete! (for want of a better stereotype, I promise no more now).

Glad to have you here, sounds like quite a fleet you’ve had in the past, the Triumph is definitely better in black, good choice. And the sound is just like no other engine, a great bike all round.

Welcome aboard me-hearty. Damn, can’t help myself…….

HippoDrones
    Participant

Ta. Before I’d seen the new speed triple I tried out the Z1000 and thought it was great but after taking a test ride on the Triumph I had to get it. So much more character, go, and I think much more flickable. It is hard to imagine it has more than 1000cc with the way it rides, till you twist the loud switch that is!

sid
    Participant

saw a pic of the new z1400 yesterday could be interesting lol

Radar

Welcome to the forum Pete. Triumph sounds great, look forward to seeing some pictures!

I used to have a CB100N too, and still have a CB250RS in addition to the two Yamahas also lurking in my garage! Can’t beat a bit of a fleet! (That’s my Navy pun out of the way!)

max
    Participant

hi pete howz it didlin mate and welcome to the bike forum[:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

cheers max. tis going good mate. Time is going so slow tho while i wait for me bike to be ready!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.