Putting bike to bed for winter

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Putting bike to bed for winter

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Digger
    Participant

I was wondering when you guys all put your bikes to bed for the winter.I do mine about the end of october,WD40 and a trickle charge from the trusty Optimate,dust cover and a kiss.

Take it easy out there

sid
    Participant

i dont put mine away for winter
    with the way the weather is now-a-days theres always a few riding days through the chill you just need an extra layer of clothes or two lol

life sucks get used to it

riff-raff
    Participant

Winters building time for me,so my bike will be stripped,polished and hopefully many shiny things added to it.
    I,ve been told that WD40 can lead to the breakdown of electrical componants if used over a large period of time and that a silicon based spray is preferable.
    Don,t know that thats a fact but it was an electrician that told me

The evil that men do lives on and on…….

Gix
    Participant

Well I normally ride in all weathers all year, but going to try stay dry from now on…[:)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

sid
    Participant

i’ve never known wd 40 damage electrics? in fact i’ve usedit to “dry out” wet connector blocks so that they would work

newk
    Participant

never gets put away

sid
    Participant

put down but never put away newk lol

riff-raff
    Participant

I thought the same about WD Sid but this chap swears blind it,ll shag you,re lectrics if used long-term

Gix
    Participant

yeah my brother in law is auto electrician, and he sez no no to WD40 on electrics.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

sid
    Participant

i’ve used it for years never had any problems but its only to cure water logged connectors not as a general spray everything type thing

riff-raff
    Participant

Used to use it for cleaning firearms but I,ve found that it attracts dust a little and as such is a big no-no for semi-automatic weapons……………..also a bit nasty on the blueing

GSF K1
    Participant

You can use on bare contacts to shed water, but it’ll perrish the rubber compound used in the insulation of your wiring.

I cant get my bike up the stairs, so she aint joining me in bed!!

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

Digger
    Participant

Dont use it on elecs,only on my frame and suspenion links.

Take it easy out there

riff-raff
    Participant

Ah,I see.No problems there then[;)]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.