Purple folder/Yellow folder

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise Purple folder/Yellow folder

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Wild01
    Participant

Sorry to bitch and moan but the icons that tell you where new post are since last visit are crap!!!! I just can’t get the hang of them, ok I maybe thick and if I am being so then just slap me with a kipper!!!
    It’s just that sometimes they tell me there’s a new post and then other times it say’s that all the topics have new posts (which clearly they do not)!!!

Very confused!!![:o)]

Wilba Wild 01

Gix
    Participant

We slap with trouts here mate!
    I may be wrong…….not great at understanding how these things work but think it has something to do with ‘cookies’.
    I dont have any problems myself so must be doing something right![:p]

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

Wild01
    Participant

So long as there old trouts, them young ones hurt more!!!LMAO!!!

Wilba Wild 01

GSX Rat
    Participant

same problem m8, sometimes it works, sometimes it shows all new – never alter any settings and the problem comes and goes….

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Radar

I just got used to looking at the dates, as I had problems logging in for ages due to cookies or something. Sorted now and no probs. Overall a good site and I like the shuffle in the order of topics/headings.

Donate – it makes you feel good!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

When it happens, can you guys tell me

a) If your system clock is correct
    b) At the top right of your screen does it say “logged in as abc” (where abc is your username)
    c) What browser you are using

It is definitely a cookie related problem, so you might want to add this site to your trusted ones to see if that makes a difference.

GSX Rat
    Participant

clocks always right, always logged in, ie6 causes problems, even with security set to always accept cookies!

another thing that sometimes happens, is if theres a few new message (purple) icons displayed and you post a reply, they all disappear whether they are read or not, again like radar i just look for the date and time now….

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

The icons will change colour when you revisit the main page and your cookie says you’ve seen it before, it presumes you have read the new posts. I personally open all (purple) new messages in a background tabbed window (Firefox, Opera etc) but I know that this is not a fix and it would consume resources in IE.

Sometimes IE can be set to store a cached copy of pages, this mucks up many forum settings

Wild01
    Participant

Clock seem ok and logged in correctly, can’t see it being the site as it is set as a trusted site!
    Gremlins!!! little buggers!!!

Wilba Wild 01

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.