Poor headlights

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Poor headlights

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    elessimo
    Participant

Anyone use, or recommend, any brand of LED auxiliary driving lights?
    My TDM headlights are pretty poor and the wildlife is rampant at dusk around here so I’m looking to add some extra wattage before this touring/commuting this year. Denali lighting seems OK but expensive: anyone have any dealings with cheaper Chinese LED lighting? Or would an HID conversion be better?
    Any advice would be welcome….

Swindon Andy
    Participant

Mine came already converted to HID and it is very good indeed. Passes MOT OK despite the warnings about levelling mechanisms. The only problem is they take a few seconds to brighten up, so the main beam isn’t instant. I would definitely go for HID in the dip, not so sure about the main. I have two main bulbs, I might change one to filament type.
    My opinion on LEDs is they are good for being seen, but not so sure about a powerful enough beam.

ses310

Mine came already converted to HID and it is very good indeed. Passes MOT OK despite the warnings about levelling mechanisms. The only problem is they take a few seconds to brighten up, so the main beam isn’t instant. I would definitely go for HID in the dip, not so sure about the main. I have two main bulbs, I might change one to filament type.
    My opinion on LEDs is they are good for being seen, but not so sure about a powerful enough beam.

I’d have to agree

elessimo
    Participant

Andy, ses,
    Thanks for the words of wisdom: sounds a good strategy….. hadn’t thought of that combination but it seems pretty logical: I’m on the case now! 8)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.