Poole Quay!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Poole Quay!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    barmy_carmy
    Participant

Went to Poole last night as Tuesday eve’s is bike night, they shut the quay off to car drivers etc only bikes and trikes are allowed, literally thousands of bikes line the quay and neibouring streets. Did get a few photos done but dont know how to post them![:I] Theres one with Dave sat on our friend Moz’s Trike. We met up with a blast from the past called Grubby[^] Was good to catch up on old times![;)]
    But when we arrived at Poole Quat discovered we’d lost the bolt to drain coolant from the frame, so we lost a lot of coolant[:(] I bunged the hole with chewing gum to stop any more leakage, Then I went to one of the marshalls and asked if he knew where we could get a bolt?[;)] Someone overheard me and said I got a bolt and amazingly enough it fitted[^] Yup I got oily hands again[:D] Oil seems to like me[;)][^] All in all had a bloody good night out![:p]

Speed Monster
    Participant

b****cks! I wish i’d known you were going! I was there last night too! My bloody throttle cable snapped on the way home! Stuck by the side of the A31 for 2 1/2 hrs is not much fun! Then had drive myself in the hire car the recovery peeps gave me…a F**king Renault clio! needless to say that got thrashed to within an inch of it’s life! Got home at 4am.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Was it a full moon guys? Haven’t heard of a throttle cable snapping for ages. And I’ve never heard of the frame bolt coming out and dumping the coolant. Bad luck, it’s obviously the “Curse of the Quay”.

Glad you both got it sorted.

Speed Monster
    Participant

Thanks ID!! The bikes being brought back up here tomorrow and taken straight down to DWR in Aylesbury. Hopefully i’ll have it back in working order by saturday!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Fast enough, Wish I’d know too lol! when we go again, I’ll post on here, There arent that many FZX’s about and we’re always parked on the same roundabout as the trikes. Our FZX is red, and I’ve always got my back pack with a barmy carmy patch on it :) and I’m only 4’11” so rather than look up look down lol! hahahahahahahaha! Sorry to hear about the cable lol!
    We got the proper bolt and gasket fitted now we also put locktight on it, so it cant work lose again!. Daves having braided hoses fitted on Tuesday!

Speed Monster
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by barmy_carmy

Fast enough, Wish I’d know too lol! when we go again, I’ll post on here, There arent that many FZX’s about and we’re always parked on the same roundabout as the trikes. Our FZX is red, and I’ve always got my back pack with a barmy carmy patch on it :) and I’m only 4’11” so rather than look up look down lol! hahahahahahahaha! Sorry to hear about the cable lol!
    We got the proper bolt and gasket fitted now we also put locktight on it, so it cant work lose again!. Daves having braided hoses fitted on Tuesday!

I’m hoping to get another couple of runs down there this year, i won’t be there next tues, i’m not getting the bike back in time! But for future ref, I’m 5’4″ not much hair on me bonce and in black/grey/silver IXON leathers on a purple ZXR400. Usually parked opposite the kioskson the road leading away from the quay. I’ll Pm ya next time i go (if i remember, it’s usually a last-minute.com kind of affair for me).

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Same here fastenough, I’ll PM you my mobile No ok!

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Crikey, snapped throttle cable… mind you that’s ‘better’ than what happend to my instructor, Dean… his throttle got stuck on full on his zxr636…the outcome was a blown cam shaft and snapped con-rod :(

Speed Monster
    Participant

quote:

Same here fastenough, I’ll PM you my mobile No ok!

Moby number sent back hun! See you at the quay for a burger or a hog roast bun sometime!![:D][:D]

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Got it hun! Cheers, but didnt get yer last message so I’ll ring ya ok?

Speed Monster
    Participant

quote:

Got it hun! Cheers, but didnt get yer last message so I’ll ring ya ok?

It was great to speak to ya hun!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

You too Rob[^] Looks like its gonna p*ss down this eve so wont be doing Poole Quat Tonight, anyway we dont pick up bike til tomorrow. But perhaps following Tuesday weather permitting[;)][:p][:D]

Speed Monster
    Participant

I rang the bike shop this morning, they ordered my new cable last friday, they still haven’t got it!! it’s gonna be Thursady at the earliest i get my bike back! i’m not a happy teddy bear!![:(!][:(!]At least it’s not their fault, if it was i wouldn’t be using them again!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Sorry to hear that Rob, same here Lol! gotta wait til tomorra to pick bike up! Still Lol we’ll be riding sooon! :) Hope the weekend is dry!

Speed Monster
    Participant

WOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!! i got my bike back! I never realised a snapped throttle cable was so damn expensive…£75 all in!!![:0][:0][:0][:0]£18 for the cable and the rest in labour and pheckin VAT!!! At least it goes nicly now, the throttle is nice and tight with no play in it….just the way i like it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.