Pluggin the Mud, MX stylee!

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road Pluggin the Mud, MX stylee!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Went to a local MX track today on the KTM, £10 open “pit-lane” (go on and off the track as often and as long as you like).

The bike was set up for green laning and the forks were a bit soft for my first couple of sessions. The first it didn’t matter so much as I was just finding my feet and learning the circuit, but in the second session I was bottoming out the front forks on one of the jumps, I added to turns of pre-load to the WP forks and it really sorted out not only the landings but also made the bike seem more poised and easier to turn into the corners! I left the rear alone as I have the preload set as best I can for my weight (the spring should really be swapped for a lighter weight one, or I should eat some more pies! :D)

It was such a wicked day, I had to thin out early as I am off out on the ras in a bit and needed to get un-muddified etc, but I shall go next week for the whole day if I have the time.

I think I prefere the tracks to the green laning, you get the chance to learn each rut and corner and deep puddle etc so can improve each time, on a lane its 1 chance to get it right and then on to the next.

Unfortunately I have no professional phots this time, but I did grab a guy and get him to take some shots, only 2 of his pics of me actually included me in the shot, (yeah I’m that fast! ;) LOL )

For £10 it totally takes any sense outta spending £160 to go round Donny or Brands for the day and also means that when you tired you come back in, re-fill on fluids and go back out again, whereas on a trackday on the gixer its go out for your session, stay out till your called back in or you miss out on track time.

Anyway, the pics:

DSC00704-1.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00728-1.jpg

Am planning on going again next Sat as I said, and some mates back home in Sussex are sorting out another days fun too for October!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

… only 2 of his pics of me actually included me in the shot, (yeah I’m that fast! ;) LOL )

[:D][:D][:D]

Bloody good value for a tenner. Bet you still do the trackdays though!

HippoDrones
    Participant

yeah, not gonna give them up, are too much fun! :D :D :D

Radar

£10! £10, thats ferkin amazing!

HippoDrones
    Participant

yeah tell me about it!

A new track has just been opened up in Plymouth and everyone is complaining at how expensive it is! (£25 LOL) I love mud! :D :D :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

Am about to load my bike up and head over to Brixton again, this time for the full day!

We so far seem blessed with fantastic weather so am hoping the track will be less tricky at the bottom of the hill this time. I may even attempt the very scary jump if whats between my legs grows some! (although I think I need to improve my landings a bit on the just plain scary jump first!) LOL

Will try grab some pics of the guys who look like they know what they are doing and post them up later if I’m still in one piece! :D

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Good luck Pete, I’ve heard Brixton is a riot!

HippoDrones
    Participant

LOL, Only thing that riots in Brixton (Devon) is a few sheep probably! :D

My internet is on a go-slow so will sort pics and vids on Monday eve if I have time! :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Sorry for the delay in the latest instalment but here are the pics from my last day there and a few vids too, some of the guys and gals were getting some seriously big are; very cool! :D

DSC00757.jpg
    DSC00758-1.jpg
    DSC00759.jpg
    DSC00760.jpg
    DSC00761-1.jpg
    DSC00762.jpg
    DSC00763.jpg
    DSC00764.jpg
    DSC00765-1.jpg
    DSC00766.jpg
    DSC00767.jpg
    DSC00768.jpg
    DSC00769.jpg
    DSC00770.jpg
    DSC00772.jpg
    DSC00781.jpg
    DSC00783.jpg
    DSC00787.jpg
    DSC00792.jpg
    DSC00799.jpg

The track was so dusty but it made a nice change from the muddy bits the week before. I am slowely getting my body weight transfer better and learning where to put myself and just how fast I can get on the gas, am loving learning to ride again, its so different to riding on tarmac and is a completely different skill set to learn. Its really refreshed my love of 2 wheels.

I can’t wait to go again! :)

Radar

Looks brilliant, more superb pics, cheers Pete!

max
    Participant

wow, fooking cool or wot nice pic’s

TT07
    Participant

Yes good pics there Pete, good to hear your enjoying your 2 wheels and applying yourself to a different side of our common interest.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Very, very good!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.