Pedrosa plays down expectations

Home Forums Bike racing Pedrosa plays down expectations

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ScooterChic
    Participant

Pedrosa also has a 125cc title to his name
    Rising MotoGP star Dani Pedrosa is wary of claims he will be one of Valentino Rossi’s main challengers in 2006.
    The new season begins at Jerez on Sunday, and double 250cc champion Pedrosa is anxious to do well in front of his home fans on his MotoGP debut.

But he told sports daily Marca: “People are expecting too much from me and I’m concerned that I might disappoint them.

“I’m not the leading challenger to Rossi, there are other riders who should be taking on that role.”

The 20-year-old Repsol Honda rider added: “Everyone is saying that I’m the one who should be out there winning.

“But there are five or six other riders out there with three or four years more experience than me.”

Yamaha’s Rossi, 27, is chasing his sixth successive world title, and Jerez is one of his happiest hunting grounds.

I’m ready to fight and give my all, and if we get the results the payback will be amazing

Ducati’s Sete Gibernau

The Italian has won six times in all classes there, and a fifth win in the top category will make him its most successful rider at the circuit

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.