OOPS!!!!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe OOPS!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    poohchick
    Participant

Went out 2day wiv the Gix we’d had a good ride and then took a change in route, Gix leading the way, me pootling in the background, not attempting to keep up, just doing my own thing! We went onto the route (Strines Moor) and it felt like the road was tarmac laid on rubble and like I had no suspension at all (ouch!) There were some juicy bends, steep hills, but it was a bit wet and slippery in places so we had to keep our wits about us,anyway, we reached this steep climb and I saw Gix disappear awkwardly round this sharp hairpin. As I approached I dropped into 1st and started into the bend, but as I let my clutch out, my wheels slipped and I started the decent whence I came from, I tried to put my foot down but the road dropped away into mud, so I went and my baby came with me! Gix stopped and parked her bike on a virtual verticle slope and hobbled down the hill towards me trying not to slip! We got the bike so far up, but we got stuck because of the angle the bike was at, with that two stapping (well not really!) young chaps came to our rescue and helped us get the bike up, we stopped and had a smoke for a few mins, but it was amusing to see car after car struggling to make the bend whilst wheel spinning and a couple slipped back before making it round!! Still I’m ok no major injury, just a muddy wing mirror, a bent gear pedal (which me dad tried to knock back and snapped ha ha!) and a bend gear shaft! All pretty harmless, wish I cud stop laffing me sox of though!!! Love you all xxx

[B)]

the bend….

19020615461mo.jpg

19020615477iw.jpg

the skid [:o)]

19020615541vc.jpg

arghhhhhhhhhhh……

19020615536hc.jpg

the damage…..thankfully not bad…..

19020615485wp.jpg

19020615493pd.jpg

19020615526fe.jpg

naughty naughty……..

19020615504gy.jpg

sid
    Participant

at least youre ok pooh the bike doesnt sound to bad

Gix
    Participant

LOL, that was some bend! Actually that was some incline! My legs stil feel wobbly after strugglin back up it to get bike, to actually look at the hill doesnt look too steep, but believe me it is! When I was trying to turn bike round half way up after gettin pooh and sv up and off road, I nearly dropped mine cos when I was perpendicular to road, my foot couldnt find the loor on the one side!!!!!![:0]

Born2BMild
    Participant

Sorry to here of your mishap mate. Glad your OK and will live to fight another day.

Radar

Sorry to hear that Poo! Glad you and machine are basically OK.

GSF K1
    Participant

Absolute nutters!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSF K1

Absolute nutters!

[:D][:D]

sid
    Participant

no wonder you fell off theres pooh on the bend

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sid

LMAO!!![:o)][:o)]

Radar

Great Pics. Shouldn’t this epic be in the CRASH section? Poo has earned her place!

Gix
    Participant

Well its more of a mishap aint it rather than a crash?
    When I got off bike I thought poohchick was hurt, cos she was sorta standin and rocking, bowing over, then I got closer and realised she was laughing her head off![:0][:D]

GSF K1
    Participant

Theres a scratch/dent/bent bits and its not intensional – Crash section!

poohchick
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSF K1

Absolute nutters!

……and yer point is!!???

[:D][}:)][:p]

GSF K1
    Participant

You’re a nutter!!!!!

poohchick
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sid

fnarr fnarr! [}:)]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.