Okada helps out with the RC211V´s development

Home Forums Bike racing Okada helps out with the RC211V´s development

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

A familiar face from the past can be seen at the Sepang Circuit this week, taking part in the new RC211V´s development program alongside the Honda teams. Experienced Japanese rider Tadayuki `Tady´ Okada has been given another opportunity to participate actively in MotoGP, and explained his role in an interview.

“Basically I am here to help the team with the transition from the 2005 RC211V to the eventual 2006 machine the team will race. We are working hard, not just on the settings but also on machine balance and I have to say that so far the machine I tested today is much better than the ’05 bike I tried”

“Usually when you find several positive points with a newly developed bike you also find negative points but today everything has been positive. Nicky (Hayden) will test the bike tomorrow then we will sit down and discuss which is the best direction to take in future testing”

The Japanese rider has strong ties with Honda bikes. After competing in 250cc, Okada participated in five premier class campaigns. Twice World Championship runner-up (in 250cc in 1994 and 500c in 1997), he won five Grands Prix in his career and earned 36 podiums.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.