Odd, but I like it…

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Odd, but I like it…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Radar

BykaTryka, which supplies Piaggio three-wheelers in North London, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex, has developed its own trike based on a Piaggio 50 (the Ape mini-van).

The three-wheeler SK8 has a 49cc engine – which means that it can be ridden by a 16-year old on a CBT licence – and is more stable and practical than a two-wheeler. It can carry up to 200kg of luggage and has four gears plus reverse; its rollover bars offer more protection in the event of a crash than an exposed upright two-seater.

BykaTryka also offers a 218cc version, which is supplied mainly to delivery companies and other commercial users; its stall in London shows a customised trike used by catering firm Rafikis of St Albans. article continues below

byka-tryka.jpg

https://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=14901

Gix
    Participant

I would imagine the 49cc one would be more of a hazard to other road users, and it doesnt look very visible….some car drivers have problems seeing a double decker bus…..they aint never gonna see that! [:0]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Hmmmm, Interesting concept, 49cc buggies.
    That will only end badly.~
    Not to mention what Gix said, it looks very ‘low-down’ which would only add to problems.

How much are they? I couldn’t find a price..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.