No brakes?

Home Forums CRASH! No brakes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Champs
    Participant

During our trip around europe this year, exhuastion (spell check?) plus a bad diet of fast food and booze, was taking its toll on both gone2mars (bikers cafe) and me!
    We stopped at a petrol station for one of our many fuel stops, after putting my gear back on, looked in my mirror saw g2m, and headed off down the motorway.
    About half a mile down the road, realised he hadn’t been ready and I had left without him!
    Pulled over on the hard shoulder to call him, after about 5 attempts I got in touch with a slightly bad tempered mark! :(
    Turns out, he had seen me pull away, jumped in lane 3, and charged along to catch up, missing the fact he had passed me on the motorway!
    He had stopped where the motorway split in different directions, and the only place he could stop was on the chevrons between motorways!
    I eventually caught up, cut across onto the chevrons but for some reason (tired and irritable, i guess) didn’t brake hard enough to stop.
    Hit Marks bike on the exhaust, and ended up with my bike lodged between his bike and the plastic railing. My brake lever was being held in so I couldn’t move the bike.
    After giving me some greif he finally moved his.
    Broke my left indicator, and grazed a nice chunk off the fairing.

Oops!

HippoDrones
    Participant

bugger! Hope you both speaking terms now? LOL

Radar

Not good Champs old buddy, but at least you can look back with a smile!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Not good but one to tell the grandchildren!

Champs
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

bugger! Hope you both speaking terms now? LOL

Oh yeah, we were on speaking terms after I bought him a beer when we made camp! :)

Its all good fun though! LOL.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.