Newbie alert! Beers on me

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road Newbie alert! Beers on me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ode
    Participant

[:p] Just followed cookeye’s thread from the Visordown form, better get the drinks in I suppose[:D] I’m sticking to tea, it’s too early for booze…[xx(]

Bit about myself, got a Husaberg FC550 already converted to SM spec last November with the intention of racing in the NORA series, had a winter of trying to get used to it after years of riding nothing but big sportsbikes. Crashed at Rednal kart track at the end of Feb, breaking my wrist and ending up with a plate in it. Only ridden it twice now since recovering, but getting better again.

I’ll be doing the practice day at 3 Sisters in Wigan on the 13th, if anyone’s going. Come and say hello, before you start laughing at how slow I am…..

NORA #332
    Berg FC550

hammy

Welcome aboard, Ode. I managed to get away without buying a round!

I’ve been a bit slow to post messages lately (sick in hospital for nearly 2 months) but the guys on here seem really good. No flaming or crap like most other forums.

I ride a bandit but really like that supermoto thing. I can see myself getting interested in it. Seems you guys are always tweaking and changing bits around. The racing seems good fun too, I might pop along to a meet. What is the supermoto season?

ode
    Participant

Morning Hammy

Good to hear someone else getting into Supermoto, you won’t regret it. I should have got one at the beginning of 2002, but bottled it at the last minute and got a Gixer 750 instead. Within 8 months I’d got bored of it and it might as well have been just an ornament in my garage! Since getting the Husaberg I’ve been looking forward to every ride, more so as I don’t ride on the road anymore (too many mates having bad accidents).

Most SM racing seasons run March-November-ish, but the winter series gives you something to watch while it’s cold.

If Wigan’s not too far away from you, I’d really get your ass there for the September round of the NORA series – watching Christian Iddon broadsiding his way round that track is the best bit of bike racing I’ve seen, EVER, just breathtaking![:0][:)][:D]

NORA #332
    Berg FC550

Gazza
    Participant

Followed link from visordown so I suppose it’s my round. Tea all round or anyone for a coffe with JD innit?

Had to stop over quickly on the Beull forum as it’s a bit quite over there and any excuse to post a picture of my other joy…

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Welcome to all the supermoto crowd. I’ve heard you’re a good bunch (although if you ride supermoto there’s a strong chance you’ll have a few raving loons in there!).

@Gazza
    The Buell section of this forum is crying out for some input. How can the Ural category get more posts?!! If you’ve got any comments or would like to post a link to your fave Buell site, please feel free. What Buell have you got m8?

PS Why spoil the JD with coffee?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Newbie alert! Beers on me’ is closed to new replies.