New bike :)

Home Forums Members’ bikes New bike :)

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    ses310

New tyres fitted and went out for a 60 odd miles loop, they really have transformed the handling :) Will give it an oil and filter change then all ready for Holland :)

wheelie
    Participant

How are the Maxxis after the long journey? May be interested in a pair myself

ses310

They still look brand new almost, not even a hint of squaring off even after pretty much 1200 miles of motorways. Highly recommend them !

Radar

I have been using them on the Thundercat for 3 years now. The Supersports tyres following a tip from Pete247 who had them fitted to a GSXR750. I love them, although my first rear lasted less than 3000 miles. Champs and TT07 have used them too (ZX6R and GSXR1000k7).

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/maxxis-supermaxx-sport/

HippoDrones
    Participant

Am supprised to hear you only had 3000 miles out of the rear Radar, I am normally pretty hard on tyres and had better results from the Maxxis than I did from Michelin and Bridgestone on mileage and grip in wet/dry conditions.

I have them fitted on my Streetfighter and did a wet trackday on them, have around 1000 miles done and loads of tread left. We do all ride different tho so a tyre that works well for one may not for another.  (3000 miles from a rear for me is good tho btw lol – Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs only lasted 1800ish miles on my Gixer to the 2500+ miles I had from the Maxxis) :)

Radar

Am supprised to hear you only had 3000 miles out of the rear Radar, I am normally pretty hard on tyres and had better results from the Maxxis than I did from Michelin and Bridgestone on mileage and grip in wet/dry conditions.

I have them fitted on my Streetfighter and did a wet trackday on them, have around 1000 miles done and loads of tread left. We do all ride different tho so a tyre that works well for one may not for another.  (3000 miles from a rear for me is good tho btw lol – Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs only lasted 1800ish miles on my Gixer to the 2500+ miles I had from the Maxxis) :)

I went through the 2nd rear Maxxis in 3000 miles too. The first front I fitted is still going strong, now matched with its’ third partner. About 6300 miles on that front so far

HippoDrones
    Participant

that is impressive wear from the front! :-)

Radar

About another 1000 miles on the Maxxis now, looking ok. Front still ok too

ses310

Well after much enjoyment and 2 trips to Europe the frumpy flyer (as Radar liked to call it) and myself have parted ways.

It now has a new home in Dublin, Sean the new owner picked it up today after flying over and should now be on the ferry back over to Ireland.

Bit sad to see it go as it has been a great bike!

katana
    Participant

Are the other two getting lonely yet?

You need a Monkey bike – then I’ll have an excuse to buy one.

Champs
    Participant

Good job I looked at the dates, I thought you had bought another cbf! :)

Radar

Dad to see the flyer has gone, but that was a cracking bike for you…Assen, Pyrennes etc.

Good luck in Ireland to the Frumpy Flyer!

Champs
    Participant

Dad to see the flyer has gone, but that was a cracking bike for you…Assen, Pyrennes etc.

Was ‘Dad’ supposed to be ‘Glad’ or ‘Sad’? I would correct it for you instead of making it a point but I cant work out which context your in! :D

Radar

Was ‘Dad’ supposed to be ‘Glad’ or ‘Sad’? I would correct it for you instead of making it a point but I cant work out which context your in! :D

It was supposed to be Sad, me and my Tyyppos!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.