New bike :)

Home Forums Members’ bikes New bike :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    ses310

Well as Radar mentioned in his post we went up to the local bike cafe at Quatt on Saturday for me to check out a new potential purchase.
    I had come across a guy selling his 2008 CBF1000 at a very reasonable price. I arranged to meet him at said bike cafe at midday.
    I met up with Radar at his house and we took a nice ride up to the cafe.
    I met up with Rich the guy selling the bike and took it for a quick test ride and was pretty impressed with the comfort and and tourque from the engine. It’s a little tatty in places but overall pretty damn good.

Pic of bike at cafe
    IMAG0176.jpg

I agreed a price, shook hands and arranged to pick it up Wednesday evening.
    Radar kindly offered to give me a lift over so Wednesday evening we turn up at Rich’s house in Telford around 8pm to be greeted with an offer of a cuppa and lots of biscuits #61514;

Deal done and I’m trying to get all my riding gear on out the front of the house
    DSCN3055.jpg
    Setting off for home I ride about half way then swap with Radar so he can get a taste of a proper brand!
    The tyres need replacing as the back is that square you hardly need the stand to get off as I think the bike would just stand up on its own!

Outside home
    DSCN3058.jpg

With my 2 lovely Honda’s
    DSCN3059.jpg

Radar

You did a good deal there Ses. I enjoyed my 15ish mile squirt on the bike. Get rid of the square tyres and you have a capable mile mucher on your hands. It has the quietest aftermarket pipes I have ever across too

ses310

The tyres are really bad! Ordered some of these tonight

KGrHqMOKogE6ekolrj5BOsYopWLQ60_12.jpg

Maxxis Touring M6029’s £134.95 delivered. Should hopefully be spot on for the bike

katana
    Participant

Looks good mate – so it will only be me needing the chiropractor when we get to Assen now.

ses310

I’m afraid so mate haha… There will be plenty of us there to carry you off the bike :p

imperialdata
    Keymaster

So you’re collecting Hondas then Matt? Looks a great tool and perfect for your Assen run.

You must have been excited in pic 2 because it seems you were trying to get Radar’s trousers on.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by katana

Looks good mate – so it will only be me needing the chiropractor when we get to Assen now.

We can put you in one Thumpers boxes if you get tired…

ses310

I do seem to be collecting Honda’s at the moment! I think it will be perfect for Assen :)

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by ses310

I do seem to be collecting Honda’s at the moment!

You can always get the garage steam cleaned…

Radar

Radar

Radar
    ses310

Haha great finds!

Radar

Fitted the new tyres yet Matt, I am curious to see how much difference they will make

ses310

Not had the chance yet, on call all this weekend so will possibly have to be next weekend. I am hoping they will transform the handling

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.