New 2006 Fireblade looks good !

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe New 2006 Fireblade looks good !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    GSXR1000
    Participant

Probably the best all-round hyper-machine available, but I bet the headline weight figure makes a lot of people go for the GSXR or Yamaha.
    Not that 176kgs is anything other than very light for a bike which can do 180 mph, but figures sell bikes, and not just the scantily-clad variety.

Radar

Somehow the Blade is less cool than a Gixer or R1, less edgy. I have not ridden any of them, so I am talking about perception only. All of them are awesome pieces of engineering.

I’d go for an R1.

Look in the Forest if you want to find trees

Gix
    Participant

honda-cbr1000rr-06-bikepics-425034.jpg

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

Looks great and they have done a better job of the number plate plith than Yamaha on the R6 for example.

Look in the Forest if you want to find trees

Gix
    Participant

yeah but it still looks a bit to “busy” in that area….

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

sid
    Participant

the new R6 looks better all over

stress2.jpg

life sucks get used to it

riff-raff
    Participant

Still rather have a Buell[:D]

I,m a fallen angel who,s lost his wings ands been left out in the cold….

GSXR1000
    Participant

Performance-wise, it matters not anymore which litre-bike has the most power. For road use, at least.
    My last bike (2005 GSXR1000) was as fast as anyone could possibly want on the street.

I am not a natural Honda fan, mainly because years ago they were always the sensible option, but I have gotten to like tham over the past few years because they are so well made and yet as quick as you could want. The back end could do without that lump sticking out (reflector?) but otherwise looks the business.

katana
    Participant

Nice looking bike – but i still think that Hondas are the 2 wheeled equivalent of Volvos. Every now a then they do a fast one but you just know that underneath its still just too “sensible”.

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

GSXR1000
    Participant

Used to be the case but I have ridden too many good ones for that to stand now.

In no particular order, all these Hondas were immensely satisfying to ride;

CBR600RR. Any Fireblade. RVF400. NSR400. NSR250. CBR250RR (19,000rpm). CBR400RR. Super Blackbird. Gold Wing 1800. CBX1000. VF1000R. CBR1100R. Plus the little twin-cam 49cc retro-racer they sold for a short while.

Gix
    Participant

The early blades were ok, but they just got too sensible, too bland. The goldwing…..well you may as well stick to a cage.
    Prefer the RVF to the NSR….also better than the zxr400 IMO.
    Super BB….like a herd of elephants but ok tourer, a mate from Rochdale has one but he doesnt find it as comfy as his old zzr for distance.

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

morpheus
    Participant

Hondas are for old men.

GSXR1000
    Participant

But only old men would think like that as times have changed!

GSXR1000
    Participant

The GL1800 was actualy very esay to manouvre for such a heavy bike, a real continent-crosser if there ever was one.
    The Super Blackbird? Again, like the Hyabusa I owned, a very capable piece of machinery, depends what you want from a bike. Immense acceleration and top speed, combined with acceptable running costs and very good on the open road.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.