National Ride to Work Day (21st July 2004)

Home Forums Meetings and events National Ride to Work Day (21st July 2004)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Those of you (like me) chained to the car for the daily commute, break the habit for day and hack to work on the bike!!

Ironically I can’t as I away from home working that day. Bugger (this should trigger a few searches!!).

GSX Rat
    Participant

And you cant ride away from home?

Cue list of biking excuses….

I’ll bet “it might be raining” is in there somewhere

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Radar

I am in Spain with a few customers in a hire car!!

I have not been able to ride to work since about 1994 on a regular basis. Just a couple of times a year sadly.

In my view the ride to work is a great opportunity to really get to know your bike well. My riding these days is largely restricted to weekend thrashes on the Cat (Great Roads – a couple of stories in there “Try these” being typical), and short evening rides on the CB when I’m not knackered!

Work frowns on me bringing the bike in, nothing to do with biking or bikers, just the practicalities of the job sadly.

However i support the ethic behind the Ride to Work day and hence the post!!

GSX Rat
    Participant

I would ride to work every day if possible, as its only down the road. The only thing that stops me is that there have been that many bike, and push bike thefts from here over the years you couldnt be sure it would be where you left it 8 hours previous!

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

Maybe i should drive in that day, seeing as i ride to work everyday!!

Oh, yeah I can’t!! Can’t drive a car!! Not legally anyway!! It’s just an excuse for warm weather riders to feel important!! Unlike those of us that ride come snow, sleet, rain or hail!!!

More than 2-strokes is masturbation!!

Radar

I have done the ride all year bit (was even a courier briefly), but I wouldn’t now to be honest. No excuses, just don’t fancy it.

Having said that I would like to ride to work regularly especially as my 33 mile route has some decent twiddly bits!!

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

Well what’s stopping ya?!! nothing no-doubt!! Just it’s easier to jump in the car than sticking on the lid, gloves, unlocking the bike, etc!!

More than 2-strokes is masturbation!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.