My K2 GSX-R1000

Home Forums Members’ bikes My K2 GSX-R1000

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    barmy_carmy
    Participant

Yeah Lol! sounds like the speedo is a distraction! So you’ve had a few bum clenching moments Lol!Just go with the flow….but be careful Lol!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Radar

Looking good GC and in some speedy company I see! I went out Saturday on the Cat with Toggs (ZX6R), Thumper (TDR250) and non member Phil (Thumper’s ZR550). Phil is emigrating on Wednesday to NZ so it was a farewell thrash with an old mate. We also headed for Cossgates but got distracted getting 2 stroke oil for Thumps TDR and managed to go around a loop of leominster on the A44 about 3 times! We had a good 120 mile blast and Phil tried all four bikes. Good to see him off in style. Thumper was in one of “those” moods on the TDR, what a nutter!
    Looks like you and K2 are bonding big time!! But loose the wheel tape! When u dropping for a cuppa/gloat??

I could murder a curry

Gix
    Participant

Was gonna pop in way back yesterday but had been enjoying myself somuch I was running a little late! Will make a plan!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Looking good GC and in some speedy company I see!

Yeah an 05 reg ZX10R and a triumph daytona.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

How did they compare??

I could murder a curry

Gix
    Participant

Triumph was the 600 Daytona so no comparison….looked very heavy though, at a guess heavier than old srad. ZX10R, dunno really cos I weren’t after no speed awards, he led most the time, occasionally I went past and then waited cos he knew the way better, and we took in turns to lead. He is also a bit of a track demon, good rider but some of the overtaking on bends was a bit dodgy for my liking. Think he was showing off a bit but I let him get on with it and he never got far ahead. [;)] Both the other riders do the roads we did yesterday on a regular basis too. Triumph struggled a bit though![:p]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

I can imagine the Triumph was a bit out gunned giving away 400cc and 60ish bhp!! Know what you mean about letting people get on with it, go as fast as you feel comfortable with, which knowing you is going to be pretty nippy any way! I wasn’t in great form riding wise on Saturday, but still enjoyed myself.

I could murder a curry

Gix
    Participant

Well to be honest Radar, the triumph should have been able to keep up with some of the twistier stretches, the srad would have done cos it wasn’t all about straight line speed, more to do with agility, but the truimph seemed less nimble and a bit cumbersome to throw around. Can imagine that once I get used to the bike (it is a lot different to the srad than I thought and it was my first proper ride out on it), then I will get alot quicker. Just gotta stop glancing at speedo or if I have to glance down, remember it is alot more capable than the srad. The brakes are awesome too! Always thought the srad had good brakes but had to upgrade them to get the stopping power I had, the K2 is on standard lines, though when I get chance I will put some goodridge lines on.[;)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

See your point on the Triumph, Thumper often demonstrates that power isn’t always king. The power rush must be quite addictive, and reassuring the brakes can back up the performance!

I could murder a curry

Gix
    Participant

Very addictive! The acceleration is amazing. Wind on the throttle and before you know it you are at silly speeds….but its so smooth unlike the 600. You must come out soon Radar, I think even a through and through yamaha worshipper will be impressed!
    Would like to say though, I did have a go on an 02 R1 and that was impressive too, but felt a bit unstable on the front end through twists. This may have been the suspension setup, or maybe cos I weigh next to nothing so just wasnt planted to road enough. Was not for me even though ever since they bought them out its the bike I always wanted. Horses for courses as they say and the K2 suits the way I ride.[;)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

Never ridden any these latest Superbikes, but I have always loved the Silver and BLACK R1 to look at. Find myself drawn to a XJR1300 or FZS1000 at the moment. With the RD gone I am thinking of getting another bike as a hack too.

I could murder a curry

Gix
    Participant

Have you tried Thumpers firestorm? Could see you on one of them![;)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

It was me who put him onto them in the first place! I test rode one in 1996 or 97 and really liked it. The brakes were a bit soft, but otherwise excellent. I think they were easier to ride on a standard carb/inj and pipe, than with revised jetting and a loud system. It’s athought. I have posted about this elsewhere.

I could murder a curry

Gix
    Participant

Sounds much better now with a blue flame on, looks loads better too, especially as the rim decals have now been removed![;)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

Does it scream like Suzi Perry now?

I could murder a curry

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.