Moto Guzzi V7 Transformation

Home Forums Members’ bikes Moto Guzzi V7 Transformation

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Mudguard sits very high, it is more noticeable now it is shortened:

DSC_0104_zpssqzxws1u.jpg

Dropping it 15mm will still leave quite a bit of clearance all the while I stay off the green lanes! :D

The height is a bit more obvious in that shot. Can you gey a local engineering shop to machine the mounting boss on the mudguard?

Cheers for the links

HippoDrones
    Participant

Aye, am sure there are places around here that can do what I want without charging too much, have some mates who may be able to do it too! :-)

HippoDrones
    Participant

The new wheels arrived today, took them to Fin’s Motorcycles in Redhill to fit the tyres, need a 14mm allen key to sort the front and a degree in engineering apparently to fit the rear to the bike lol. hopefully get them fitted tomorrow or Wednesday….

_20161212_141237_zpsg0tw31tj.jpg

_20161212_141106_zpsvo8pfv6n.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

I managed to borrow a 14mm allen key off a mate so set to fitting the wheels this morning :-)

_20161213_123825_zps93n9gn16.jpg

_20161213_123858_zps2c7fc6ws.jpg

_20161213_123930_zpsmocbm8ur.jpg

The front was a doddle once I had the allen key, I also used to opportunity to change the brake pads for some sintered ones in the hope they improve the stopping distance a bit. The rear was more complicated due to the shaft drive and after doing some research I was loathing doing it but in reality it was loads easier and even the cush-drive rubbers behaved when putting it all back together! :-)

Radar

I have to say they look the business, perhaps the best change so far for me

HippoDrones
    Participant

Have refitted the tank and seat mainly to tidy my work area in the garage but also to help judge proportions. The seat will look very different, as will the rear of the bike.

DSC_0173_zpswfcbzjj4.jpg

I have also gotten the fork brace/mudguard bracket back from my mate who has lowered it by 10mm, I would still like it lower so will probs get it back to him to shave off another 5mm

_20161216_105120_zpsnwhmwcfv.jpg

Radar

Looks better with it tighter to the tyre for sure!

Look like you have been inspiring people…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172339680741

HippoDrones
    Participant

that looks ace except for the crappy tyres

HippoDrones
    Participant

I have gone through and updated the links to the videos as I removed them from my gaming/airsoft channel and put them on my new moto channel.

r6ymy
    Participant

Watching the development of your bike with interest. I really fancy a V7 as a second bike, probably a Classic in the black with orange stripe. The Racer is a bit OTT for me, so I think I’ll lightly customise a Stone or Classic. I think the spoked wheels really suit the bike, but also like this one with the alloy wheels powder coated in silver, looks very late 70’s.
    31247219574_e7631dcf21_c.jpgv7 s1000 by Neville Guibarra, on Flickr

HippoDrones
    Participant

Have you seen the pics of the V7 III which is out this year?

moto-guzzi-v7-iii.jpg

r6ymy
    Participant

Yes. Think it’s a mixed bag. Love the alloy rims, the valve covers look nicer and a couple more bhp is good, but those side panels would have to go.

Radar

Yes. Think it’s a mixed bag. Love the alloy rims, the valve covers look nicer and a couple more bhp is good, but those side panels would have to go.

Got to agree about the side panels!

It has been interesting watching the progress as Pete personalises his Guzzi….I think it is really coming on well.

This was the bike in it’s original form when Pete was good enough to let me loose on it…

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/moto-guzzi-v7-2012-review/

Looking forward to seeing it again now it has been so radically (and well) revised

HippoDrones
    Participant

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Looking very slick Pete and those wheels were a good choice. I think the frame and seat mods will be the biggest change to the styling, looking forward to seeing those.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.