Moped Racing

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Moped Racing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Does anybody have any info – I am looking to go racing.
    Did the BMF in 1990 with some friends and it was a hoot.Want to give it a shot again!!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Pedals on the Thundercat are not allowed![;)]

cookeye
    Participant

[:D]
    if you find out about moped stuff please post back a m8 and i keep saying we will do it but just dont get to it how strict are they on machine or can it look like a moped is it for fun or is it life and death stuff.
    cookeye
    [;)]

cookeye
    Participant

radar
    I went to bmf on sat watched moped racing soooooperb some of the bikes being used were deffo not mopeds but i may have a go at it in november think i better e/mail the bmf for regs and entry etc i will let you know how i get on.
    cookeye.

Radar

Will be really interested in the BMF info, I never thought of asking them! What a twit! Anyway, where would you be racing in November?

I think this is my 100th post, do I get a goldstar ID? (Que bad BSA jokes now!
    [:D]

cookeye
    Participant

Radar i think that now the bmf have two shows each year at p/brouhg show ground
    cookeye
    [;)]

Radar

Let me know exact dates, it would be a laugh to come and watch.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

I used to have a Yamaha 50cc US custom moped, it had little apehanger bars, and was shaft driven.
    Somebody commented I looked like a barbie doll on it, must have had shit in his eyes! I could get 40miles ph on it ……….Downhill of course. But I prefer to be on a bigger bike, I like speed! Got bored with moped.

No1 ride, our FZX750

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Ah, but moped racing is totally different. Everyone is limited to the same sort of speed and cornering ability so it is much more fun. Believe me, 40MPH on any moped feels more like 80. It’s not the winning, it’s not the taking part, it’s the feeling of certain death that counts.

toggsy
    Participant

What I wouldn’t give for my old AP 50 now, Unrestricted ( well apart from the rider) Would be great to get one and live the Mad days again.[:D]

GSX Rat
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Does anybody have any info – I am looking to go racing.
    Did the BMF in 1990 with some friends and it was a hoot.Want to give it a shot again!!

as far as i know mate, and somebody correct me if i’m wrong but i dont think it’s going on any more as the insurance nazi’s have priced it out of everyones reach due to all this no win no free claims culture that we seem to be breeding. Have got a link somewhere, when i get home in the morning i’ll dig it out and post it.

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Moped Racing’ is closed to new replies.