Mixed fortunes for Repsol Honda riders in Cataluny

Home Forums Bike racing Mixed fortunes for Repsol Honda riders in Cataluny

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

The final day of the MotoGP Official Test was one of mixed results for the Repsol Honda team. Nicky Hayden narrowly missed out on the BMW M Award in the wet, whilst new teammate Dani Pedrosa erred on the side of caution during his first official outing in the premier class.

406973_67972.jpg

Kentucky native Hayden was the fastest Honda rider at the Circuit de Catalunya, at a metting in which the Japanese constructor were not especially effective.

“It’s really nice to see a little bit of the winter’s work pay off and have a good feeling in the wet. I know this session doesn’t really mean anything but when I crossed the line and looked at the screen I was actually on top, so I was pretty excited there for a second” said the American rider.

“ I’m not one of those guys to talk about how hard we’ve worked because normally those are the lazy guys! But this winter we’ve spent a lot time in the wet at Phillip Island and Sepang, finding a set up I like in the wet, so I’m pleased. It would have been nice to run in the dry today. We’ve got plenty of work to do at the next test so it would be nice to have some good weather in Jerez. I’m sure it will be a three full days of testing.”

Spanish rookie Pedrosa only undertook a few laps at yesterday’s session, preferring instead to think ahead to the next event on the preseason calendar.

“It’s been a cold and windy weekend and it’s rained today, but we’ve gained experience at a different circuit to the other preseason tracks, which is a positive. Now we head to Jerez to see what we can do” said the 2005 250cc champion.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.