Met / know anyone famous

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Met / know anyone famous

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Digger
    Participant

Back in 81 I met Prince Philip when he came to our factory,he comented on my name when he asked.Also knew the mighty Steve Hislop,he was at a party hosted by a freind Ian Newton who won the NW200 3 times,and was the soul British GP rider in 91-92.We got talken and he bought me a pint.Then that same year(early nineties)me and my cousin were at the TT and we went to the presentation evening,there was Hizzy collecting his trophy and 10 mins later he came over to us coz he recognised us and chatted and showed us the silver.We felt so humbled.Also know Wolsey Coulter,he also won the NW200 a couple of times and was good mates with Newt and Hizzy.Wolsey later went on to marry my cousins ex wife.

Digger
    Participant

OH! also was on the telly with richard and judy when they used to do a programe called flying start,a competition to find a company who is coming up with new ideas .They came to our factory and interviewed the lads me being one of them.We came 2nd in the comp and recieved 10 grand to go towards the buisness.

max
    Participant

charley boorman(long way round) at the NEC last year nice guy.
    could of done it a bit quicker.lol

sid
    Participant

i think everyone who’s done a bike show in the last 18 months has met him lol
    he cant milk it anymore surely

Gix
    Participant

Jeff Turton of the Rockin Berries is a mate of my dads, I used to hang around with his daughter Louise in my youth. Also I have met David Hasselhoff, I was doing a road sfaety for kids on pushbikes at school, and he was pushing the drive too, we were both on the news, he really is an ugly bastard LOL![:o)]

Born2BMild
    Participant

Apparently I’m now related to Eddie Grundy of The Archers radio program thru my wife. She’s his cousin.

max
    Participant

apparently im related to god,cos my mrs keeps callin me jesus,lol

Born2BMild
    Participant

lol, You must be related to me then, because mine always says “oh god, not you again!”

max
    Participant

and some times holy moses,bloody catholic lol

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Met Joe Pasquali 2 weeks ago. And he does talk like that in real life!

Bloody hell, I need to meet another celeb quickly so I can have a bit more street cred. Digger, can you give your old mate Prince Philip a call for me?

sid
    Participant

i thought you wanted to up your street cred lol

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

Met Joe Pasquali 2 weeks ago. And he does talk like that in real life!

My daughters went to see him in Peter Pan on Thursday, the youngest got pulled on up stage cos of the number of her seat or summat, and she got some sweets, a signed photo and a kiss off him, shes only 5 bless her and is convinced the panto was real life…..god love her I bet she will still believe in santa when shes 21!!![:o)]

GSF K1
    Participant

Back in 1989, my am-dram club was invited to Elstre studios to act as extras for a schools programm called “this years model”, all about a bird who was prepared to almost anything to become a model.. well the scene was a nightclub doing a wet t-shirt competition and I was sat next to the lead character – the actress was Jenny Jay, who had been in Bread a few years earlier, we sat chatting for quite a bit in between takes.
    Also when I worked overseas I used to take film crews around for filming the holiday destinations, I’ve been used and shown on both the Sky travel shop and Thomas Cook Tv.

Born2BMild
    Participant

Our family are supposed to be related to Emelia Earhart in some distant fashion.

Digger
    Participant

My mothers great great great grand farther is Louigi Galvani,who discovered electronic responce in frogs legs…..Ever heared of Galvanised steel.Its my mums maiden name too.

Put the name Galvani on google,see what comes up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.