Maxxis Supermaxx Sport

Home Forums Product reviews Maxxis Supermaxx Sport

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

I have just ordered a set for the Ducati, think I will just about get them scrubbed in before my trackday at Brands. I hope I am as impressed with them on the Streetfighter as I was on my gixer! [:)]

Radar

I have just bought a replacement rear tyre for the Thundercat, I have gone for another Maxxis. It will match up with the front that still has plenty of life in it. Be interested to see how you get on with the maxxis on the Duke. Very different power delivery when compared to the GSXR.

HippoDrones
    Participant

aye, will see how it works out [:)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

just fitted my Maxxis today, will scrub them in tomoz morning [:)]

I had to take off the zorst cans to remove the rear wheel which is a bit of a pain!

Radar

I hope to get my new Maxxis on the Cat over the next week. Ses has bought a set of the sport/tourer tyres for his recently acquired CBF1000 too.

https://www.bikemeet.net/forums/topic/new-bike-6/

Radar

Well the new rear Maxxis did a good job, but only lasted 2500 miles. It has a bit left in it. Meanwhile the front is still OK having outlived 2 years. Just trying to decide whether to have a pair of the touring type or get another spors rear on its’ own.

HippoDrones
    Participant

You mean the Maxxis Diamond? have heard they are a good touring tyre….. not suited to trackdays tho

Radar

I have gone for another supersport in the end, should have it fitted this week hopefully. £94 delivered

HippoDrones
    Participant

They are such a good value sports tyre… I will be trying some more expensive stuff on Kevin totry compare :-)

ses310

Let me know what tyres you want Pete, should be able to get whatever you want at a good price

HippoDrones
    Participant

Oh nice one mate… will do  :)

Radar

I had a pair of Perrellis for the FZ. Need to get them fitted

Be interesting to see how they compare to the Metzelers that I am taking off.

Radar

The Maxxis just fitted to the rear of the Thundercat performed admirably over its first 300 mile blast this weekend in Wales. Pleased. These really are great tyres. I just don’t seem to be able to make the rears last very long though.

HippoDrones
    Participant

your getting around 4k miles aren’t you? Seems quite good for a sports tyre, 2CT’s only lasted 1800ish miles on the rear on my gixer 750 without touching a motorway!

Radar

your getting around 4k miles aren’t you? Seems quite good for a sports tyre, 2CT’s only lasted 1800ish miles on the rear on my gixer 750 without touching a motorway!

Just over 3k on the last rear. I am happy, because the grip and feel is good and suits the way I ride

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.