Maxxis Supermaxx Sport

Home Forums Product reviews Maxxis Supermaxx Sport

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

DSC00529.jpg

These are a brand new tyre and are supposed to be as sticky as Supercorsas with longer life, steeper profile and better wet performance too!

I have been recommended these tyres by a friend who works for Maxxis, obviously he is bias LOL but other peeps have tried them and are raving about them. The bike press has also been singing their praises too, so there has to be something to be said for them! :D

I was gonna order from the sponsor of the GJ’s site but I had an email from DK and they were doing them with free P&P and a fantastic price too!

I havn’t fitted them yet but have given them a squidge and they seem super sticky, they look like cut slicks but are ment to be pretty good in the rain too!

I will probably use a set of part worn supercorsas I got off ebay for my next track day either that or see if my 2CT’s have enough life left in them. But when fitted I will let you know what they are like and hopefully be able to try them on track at somepoint too soon. :)

HippoDrones
    Participant
    HippoDrones
    Participant

ignore the info on the DK page as they have got it wrong apparently (its deffo not a touring tyre) LOL

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Cheers Pete. I’ve seen other people saying they stick like glue in the dry but wet weather grip isn’t so good.

HippoDrones
    Participant

So far from the reports I’ve heard from others the wet performance is supprisingly good considering the tread pattern, still I’ll let you know 1st hand when they have been fitted as its much better to hear from someone you know rather than a friend of a friend etc :)

Radar

I will be interested in this, the BT21 on the Cat is finally starting to wear down!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well I finally got round to getting these fitted today and all I can say is…..

WOW!

Got them fitted to loose wheels by a place recommended by a mate for £11.75 including balancing! :D

Once I’d refitted the wheels with the sun shining I decided to go scrub them in, well I was scraping me knee on the deck within 10 miles and once I was used to the slightly different profile from the 2CT’s these are replacing I was delighted with the amount of confidence and feedback they appear to give so far!

I would go as far as saying they seem to be the most sticky tyre I have used to date, so I shall be very interested to see what milage I get from them, reports of over 4000 from a rear from a GJ who has been using them all weathers sound promising. I tend to eat back tyres quickly tho and my last 2CT rear only got me 1750miles and cost the same as the pair of these tyres! LOL

The new tyres:
    DSC00531.jpg

rear:
    DSC00529.jpg

front:
    DSC00530.jpg

half hour later; rear:
    DSC00532.jpg

front:
    DSC00533.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

That’s been well leaned over Pete!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Still got a little way to go, but due to the profile on these its aparently very hard to get them all the way over???

Sounds like a challenge to me! ;) LOL

HippoDrones
    Participant

Still havn’t shifted the last of the KFC’s LOL, Blimey these tyres just keep going, gonna take a trackday
    to get it cranked over far enough to remove them fully I reckon! :D (now there is a top excuse if ever
    there was one to do another trackday! LOL

HippoDrones
    Participant

Took the bike out for a little spin down the Torpoint Twisties and back today, it was raining and the roads were wet but not holding running water or anything. OMG I still can’t believe how much confidence these tyres are giving me! In the past I would never have dared even think about knee down in the wet, well I just had both right and left knees well and truely planted (seperate bends too as opposed to my usual
    trick of knee/elbow/bum/head down bike in air trick!) LOL.

I am wondering what they will be like in proper wet conditions but judging by todays ride I am looking forward to finding out!!! :D :D :D

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Amazing what a difference tyres make really, glad you’re happy with them. It shows how your trackdays have improved your riding skills, knee down in the dry still scares me.

Doesn’t seem that long ago you were asking about how to kneeslide, remember this post?

HippoDrones
    Participant

hahaha, blimey that was from a while back! :D

(The gixer makes me look better than I am… am sure it is like night rider and drives for me!) LOL

Radar

Those are impressive tyres Pete, not sure my Thundercat or me could stretch them. My BT21 is made from pure concrete in comparison!

HippoDrones
    Participant

lol, them bt21’s do last a while tho! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.