Matlock Bath Sunday 19th April

Home Forums Meetings and events Matlock Bath Sunday 19th April

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Considering a ride up to Matlock.

08:30 set out from Kidderminster.

Let me know if you are interested

ses310

Yeah I’m up for that… Meet at yours ?

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by ses310

Yeah I’m up for that… Meet at yours ?

Good man, yep

katana
    Participant

Sorry mate I can’t make it. I’ve got my Mum & Dad up for the weekend.

Radar

No worries Kat, looks like me Ses and thumper at the moment

Gix
    Participant

and I aint got a bike to ride!

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

and I aint got a bike to ride!

No joy sorting the puncture?

Gix
    Participant

havent tried, skint and gotta pay fine yet lol

TT07
    Participant

Decided to go. Will meet up with you, give you a call when I arrive.

Radar

Great ride with Ses310, Thumper and TT07 who we hooked up with at a packed Matlock. Imperial was also out and about on the venerable GPz900R, he spotted us near Ashbourne apparently, but I must confess that I completely missed him

Pics to follow

TT07
    Participant

Yes agree with Radar,it was a good to meet up. Got to Radars a tad late and as it was my first ride out to Matlock Bath it was my friend TomTom’s suggested route through Birmingham and up the boring A38 (not using Motorways) for me and the Thou. Rather cold for vented one piece leathers it was, but upon arrival the warmth of the sun was starting to impact on the air temperature, and one call to Radar (caught on a tea stop in Ashbourne) later, they arrived within the promised 30 minutes.

DSCF2830.jpg
    Matlock Bath, busy so early in the season

One trip to view the assembled machinery later, it was into one of the numerous cafes for a breakfast.

DSCF2832.jpg

ses310, Thumper and Radar ready to tuck in

I realise Radar will be posting other pics, and his report is shortly ‘going to press’, so all I will add is we had a smashing ride back to Thumpers in Sutton………..

DSCF2834.jpg

T’was good to meet up with Thumper yet again, and very nice to meet new member ses310 for the first time, also very interesting to visit the metalled surfaces of a part of the country I’d never been to before.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yup, I was there with wifey on the back, just missed you guys at Ashbourne (was hurt that you didn’t nod coming the other way, my bike too old for you?).

Cracking day for it, the 900 was really going well, chuffed to bits with the recent carb cleaning session.

Did you see the plethora of “12 motorcycle accidents or fatalities on this road” signs (A515)? It actually made me think a bit more which can’t be bad. Maybe made the car drivers think bike for a while too, although it didn’t last too long as a Fiesta driver proved to me later on with his 180 degree blind spot.

Radar

quote:

DSCF2832.jpg

ses310, Thumper and Radar ready to tuck in

TT, there must be a problem with your camera, I only ever eat salad…

More pics to follow this evening

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

Yup, I was there with wifey on the back, just missed you guys at Ashbourne (was hurt that you didn’t nod coming the other way, my bike too old for you?).

Cracking day for it, the 900 was really going well, chuffed to bits with the recent carb cleaning session.

Did you see the plethora of “12 motorcycle accidents or fatalities on this road” signs (A515)? It actually made me think a bit more which can’t be bad. Maybe made the car drivers think bike for a while too, although it didn’t last too long as a Fiesta driver proved to me later on with his 180 degree blind spot.

Glad you had a good ride matey and the Geep is running well. Sorry I missed you and I generally nod to all bikes too!

TT07
    Participant

quote:

TT, there must be a problem with your camera, I only ever eat salad…

More pics to follow this evening

The wonders of trick photography eh!

[:D]Radar I bet the only time you have salad is when its on the same plate as Steak & Chips[:D]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.