kawasaki kmx 200 prob

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted kawasaki kmx 200 prob

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bigmatt2703
    Participant

ive just bought a cheap kawasaki kmx 200 enduro bike,
    the problem is the bike has had the wiring loom removed to make it into just an off roader, this is where the probs begin
    i need to replace the wiring loom in order just to run the engine which im hoping wont be too difficult
    at the moment there is two wires going from the crankcase to the coil
    then there is five wires coming from the coil, a red, a black, a brown/white and a black yellow, teses are to a multi plug
    there is one more from the coil which has the female end of a bullet connecter fitted
    finally there is the two spade connectors which go to the plug lead

can any one help or at least put up a wiring diagram???
    please please help

matt

GSX Rat
    Participant

are you sure which bits which? – sounds like the deal with the five wires is a cdi unit…

in which case, the two colored wires from the crankcase will be the pickup, you need to find out the colours of these and if they match the ones on the cdi unit, thats where they go. The two with the spade connectors go to the coil (the one with the plug lead on it) The red will be switched ignition live (or + on the battery), the black will be earthed to the frame (or – on the battery) and the remaining wire will be for the kill switch. You can leave this one unconnected if you like, as it only stops the engine by shorting to earth thru a switch..

Looks like you might need a small battery on it though to power the cdi unit – fit a switch )on/off will do) between the + on the batt and the unit as if you leave it on all the time you’ll f**k it up, also – rather than mess about with a charging system tc just charge it when youve done for the day, it will last all day no probs. If you find a diagram, i’ll haave another look for you and let you know for sure but if you find the 2 wires from the crank are brown/white and black/yellow then i’m 95% sure it will be as above.

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

katana
    Participant
    GSX Rat
    Participant

already looked on there m8 ;)

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Let’s hope there’s someone on here with a diagram. If not, some dealers will let you have a peek at their diagrams for a promise of buying a few parts. GSXHooligan’s advice is excellent and well worth a try. Do you need to get it road legal and through an MOT?

Oh and by the way, to deristrict many KMX’s (if it’s not already done) remove exhaust and cut out the widget that makes the entry to the pipe narrower. Refit and you have an extra few bhp to play with. I know it was mainly for 125’s but some 200’s had this too!

bigmatt2703
    Participant

nice one cheers for that lads ill go and try now and ill let you know how i get on

bigmatt2703
    Participant

tried that no luck, ive had a little look on the net and i dont need a battery apparently, theres another 6 wires from the crank case that i forgot to mention sorry, ive done a diagram if this helps,
    also the pick up/pulsar wires are wht/grn and wht/red

[IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/bigmatt-s2rst/mxwirng.bmp[/IMG]

bigmatt2703
    Participant

sorry about the size but if you copy and paste it to your pc youll be able to enlarge it

GSX Rat
    Participant

cant make out the colours, although i would guess that they are both ends of the 3 phase windings from the alternator, which go to the rectifier – a little unusual as they are normally “starred” up internally – probably not needed anyway. Can you post a clearer one, or at least identify all the colours..

Stan_DB
    Participant

hi,

i think your KMX 200 is same as KDX 200 here in the Phils and in US. Have a KDX 200 here for rainy days and mountain drives.
    Try http://www.buykawasaki.com to find parts diagrams and numbers.
    Plenty info with https://www.frpoffroad.com/index.php. all about KDX.

Greetz

Stan

Ride Safe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.