Just A Thought

Home Forums Meetings and events Just A Thought

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

have been thinking recently that itd be good to have a full forum meet up. there may be a post about this already but i didnt see one.

not sure on a date yet but July/August 2013 would be good. open to discussion.

I’m trying to find somewhere sort of inbetween where everyone lives to make it easier for people as some of us cant do hundreds of miles in a day due to injuries etc.
    not actually knowing where everyone is located makes that a bit difficult so if anyone is interested if u could reply with your feedback and your location that’d make things miles easier.

At present i was thinking about meeting at Donington Services (97 miles away from me) and about 63 miles from Kidderminster, meet everyone, have a coffee and a natter or whatever. then ride over to a nearby pub for some luncheon and a beer (coke for me) couple of pics for the forum and jobs a peach. I’d like to be able to do miles and miles (as in a proper ride out) but i dont think my hip will be up for it, it starts kicking off at me after about 20 miles some days :((

if anyones interested leave a reply. please and thanks, and hope to meet you lot soon.

Radar

have been thinking recently that itd be good to have a full forum meet up. there may be a post about this already but i didnt see one.

not sure on a date yet but July/August 2013 would be good. open to discussion.

I’m trying to find somewhere sort of inbetween where everyone lives to make it easier for people as some of us cant do hundreds of miles in a day due to injuries etc.
    not actually knowing where everyone is located makes that a bit difficult so if anyone is interested if u could reply with your feedback and your location that’d make things miles easier.

At present i was thinking about meeting at Donington Services (97 miles away from me) and about 63 miles from Kidderminster, meet everyone, have a coffee and a natter or whatever. then ride over to a nearby pub for some luncheon and a beer (coke for me) couple of pics for the forum and jobs a peach. I’d like to be able to do miles and miles (as in a proper ride out) but i dont think my hip will be up for it, it starts kicking off at me after about 20 miles some days :((

if anyones interested leave a reply. please and thanks, and hope to meet you lot soon.

Sounds good to me Ben, you are great contributor to the forum and we should meet up. There is a cracking F1 museum at Donnigton too

BigBen
    Participant

yeah thought ive been posting on here for at least a year so about time to meet people. someone else mentioned the museum too so a trip around there might be good also. as i say open to opinions :)

Radar

yeah thought ive been posting on here for at least a year so about time to meet people. someone else mentioned the museum too so a trip around there might be good also. as i say open to opinions :)

I think you have been posting for a few years tbh, so a meet up is definately a must do

BigBen
    Participant

yeah turns out its been four years…doesnt time fly :D

ses310

I’ll be up for that

Champs
    Participant

I don’t really know where everyone lives but Matlock/Ashbourne way is always good. Would suggest cat and fiddle but I think the law has reduced the speed limit to 4!

HippoDrones
    Participant

if I am able I’d be up for it :)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yep, sounds good. I’d like to do an earlier one next year as soon as the decent weather breaks. It was such an unreliable, crappy summer this year so any warm April/May weekend would be good to start the sunny season off.

Radar

OK chaps I will make a mental note to set something up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.