I’ll Show You Mine

Home Forums Streetfighters I’ll Show You Mine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    katana
    Participant

Get your Fighters out! – lets see some pictures and a brief spec sheet of your Streetfighters

Just to get you started here are some piccys of my fightered GSX750SE Katana (yes the pop-up headlight one)

15911648532a3c6aa6078ee72f01265f9e58299bc316efdd717bbd27.jpg

2555972482d9f84af0bdfdd95f4e59f2a3f114c73704cfef4102455c.jpg

1337184745ead10c6d5354204bb674782ff76fe4172dbcdc4e9635ed.jpg

Original make/model: 1985 GSX750SE Katana (Japanese Import)
    Engine mods: stage 3 dynojet kit, Yoshi cams, K&N filters, Earls oil cooler and SS braided lines, polished cam cover, breather pipe, Harris works pipe.
    Front end: Renthal bars, up rated progressive springs, braided clutch and brake lines all round
    Rear end: polished swing arm, triumph shock
    Body work: fairing removed, twin headlight conversion, powder coated frame, ugly rear light and mudguard extension ditched and new rear light/ number plate braket fabricated in ally.

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Very impressive!

No1 ride, our FZX750 and please DONATE to this website

Gix
    Participant

Now thats what I call a bike with ‘SOUL’! LOL!

Nice bike Katana

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

Radar

Looks great Kat. However, would you you put it back to pop up headlight spec if you had the chance? They are pretty rare.
    Then make another streetfighter from summat else?
    I like the Streetfighter look, way better for me than customs etc.
    What do you think of the rash of “Factory Fighters” such as the Triumph Speed Triples/Fours etc??

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

katana
    Participant

Thanks Radar

Don’t think i’d ever put it back (although the fairing is in the loft) as this is MY bike and there’s not another like it.

This is what they look like as standard (this isn’t mine):
    1.gif

If I had the cash I wouldn’t mind a standard looking one with a 1200 bandit engine in it, single sided swing arm and upside down front forks.

I luv the look of the factory fighters, especially the the buell XB12R
    2004-buell-xb12r-d3-1.jpg

and the new Z1000
    Z1000.jpg

But if I got either one I’d still have to mess about with it and make it mine.

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

How does the pop-up headlight work on the original Katanas?

riff-raff
    Participant

Nice ride Katana.
    I,ve just parted with a 1985 GSXR 750 fighter,Busa front end,Bandit rear wheel,individual pod filters,projector lights,GSXR 1100 carbs,Sigma speedo,Vance & Hines pipe,drag bars and risers.
    Got rid cos I stood back and looked at her,then suddenly realised far from being something individual she looked the same as dozens of others
    Now got a standard ZX 10 but who knows what the future holds for her[;)]

Cos I,m back in black

Gix
    Participant

Get some pics up then mate….have pmed you regarding instructions for posting pics….[;)]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

katana
    Participant

Thanks ZX10

Lets see some pics of the GSXR in here.

Just Googled ZX10 Streefighter – not many about, so would be a good project!!

A bloke at work has got a GSXR1100 (slabby) tucked away in a dark recess of his garage that I’ve got my eye on for my next project.

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

riff-raff
    Participant

Tried to get a swap for a GSX1100 but no joy.Thought the ZX would be something different but it,ll have to wait while winter as I want to get some road miles on her[:D]

Cos I,m back in black

riff-raff
    Participant

suzuki-gsxr750-85-bikepics-400899.jpg

And heres a pic of the Gixxer I,ve just got rid of minus the front muddie I fitted before her MOT[;)]

Cos I,m back in black

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Nice looking bike. zx10!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Gix
    Participant

Yeah lots of time, sweat and blood!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

katana
    Participant

Nice looking bike.

Was the Busa front end hard to fit?

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

riff-raff
    Participant

The Busa front ends a doddle providing you can have the use of a press(the type for pressing in big bearings)
    Simply press out the GSXR stem,have a bit of weld run around the bit of the GSXR stem at its base to about 1 1/2 up it ,then have that machined to the same diameter as the busa stem(around 1 mm more than its original diameter) and finally press the modded GSXR stem into the Busa bottom yoke.Then bolt everything up[;)]

Cos I,m back in black

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.