I live here and i like it!!!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe I live here and i like it!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    cookeye
    Participant

This is my home town if any one here likes old militery stuff we have a great fort you can find it on this site.
    https://www.felixstowe.gov.uk/index.htm
    Just check out the history bit,ip i think you will understand why i hope i never have to visit your home town,mind you i have been to a custom car show up your way about twenty years ago,as i remember it raind all day and the locals said its allways foooooookin raaaaainin
    oooooop eeer like maaaate.
    Ip i also noticed the picture of our raised garden is the one in your christmas card spookey.
    cookeye
    [;)]

katana
    Participant

Always good hear from a fellow tractor boy. I’m still reeling from the result yesterday. I’m orginally from Wickham Market and used to ride over to Charlie Mannings on a Saturday night to ride that dodgy roller coaster, put washing up liquid in the fountain and watch blokes on RD350 power valves tring to impress girls along the sea front. My bike at the time was a bright green CB50 (I was 16) with a top speed of 35mph (on a good day) so the trip was a quite an epic journey. I now live in Worcestershire but still have family in Suffolk and come back for the occasional weekend, but I haven’t been to Felixstowe for years. I see from the link that Charlie Mannings is still going but that roller coaster must have been condemed by now surely?

cookeye
    Participant

cb50_mokei.jpg
    katana if they had nothig else they wher very smart looking bikes,somewhere i have a picture of a cg wearing cb 50 clothing was amusing with ap50’s and fizzy’s,i will check with me mates and see if any of them have pictures that may contain a nasty green cb 50[:D]you never no!.
    that must of been some trip on one of em things,i used to travel to snetterton every other week to watch the rallycross on me puch maxi[:0]dont think i would do it now if i was paid.
    If you got twenty mins to spare check out my home page my mate just got an ss50 to do our local moped ruA After christmas, my moped is on there too.
    if you have any pictures of your cb50 stick em in my members folder and i will move em about to the best spot.
    cheers,Check out the mirrors on the picture of the cb50 the bikes wher so small the mirrors look HUGE!
    cookeye
    [;)]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Remember ’em well. Nicely finished with as you said HUUUUGE mirrors. And as for the SS50….. Well it was my first road legal bike and it taught me a lot about engines. I could strip one down blindfolded back then as they weren’t the most reliable of beasts. It was a 5 speed and it was pretty quick when it went. Still think the FS1E was the better of the 50’s from that era. Exhaust didn’t burn your leg either! Look forward to hearing about the moped’s progress Cookeye.

PS Welcome to the forum Katana, hope you like it.

katana
    Participant

Just finished trawling through the photo albums but unfortunatly no sign of any photos of the green CB50[:(]

I did find a picture of my next bike that though. It was a Belgium bike called a Flandria (no I hadn’t heard of one before either). It was a 50cc 2 stroke and was good for 55mph on the flat, so used to destroy the FS1E’s and AP50’s of my mates. As soon as I figure out how to attach a picture I’ll stick on the forum. It wasn’t as relable as the CB50 so I only made it up to Felixstowe a couple of times on it. So Cookeye if you saw a wierd black bike with flames on the tank dripping 2 stroke oil from it’s high level pipe parked along the sea front that was mine.

Katana

cookeye
    Participant

Katana
    I to had a fladria mine had an engine which looked like a hair dryer,come to think of it i had two, one with a fairing and two exhausts,both were very fast.
    The first one was a realy loud orange with nice chrome tank panels the second was blue and very well crashed.
    cookeye
    [;)]

katana
    Participant

Bloody hell. Perhaps we should start the Flandria previous owners club.

By the way I found this:
    https://www.chez.com/fabharel/newfichiers/record.htm

Mine had a high level exhaust that dripped 2 stroke oil onto one foot – although I don’t think it was a design feature. It was also very highly geared and lots of clutch slipping was needed to get it away. Was yours the same?

Katana

cookeye
    Participant

Katana i had oe of these as’well and i loved it nice link cheers
    FANTIC50GT.jpg
    cookeye
    [;)]

ac mitchell
    Participant

yeh,i add wun ov dem 2 it was the six fifty shaft drive although i also had the gsx750es ,i thought this was better than the smaller kats , they all have brilliant motors though,almost bullet proof.

acm

wheelie
    Participant

EH? Hope they upgraded the brakes!

cookeye
    Participant

Katana just been talking to a m8 and he tells me i had one flandria,and one kreidler sorry my mistake,
    picture of kreidlerthis one is the same color as the one i had.

Radar

Are either of these companies still going?

katana
    Participant

I’m not sure. All I know it was impossible to get bits for the Flandria when I had it. My Dad had to machine up some new fork bushes for me and the exhaust nut was sourced off my uncles BSA Bantam.

Didn’t some of the Kreidlers have a wierd type of fan cooling system on the front of the cylinder head?

I was hoping to put a piccy of the Flandria here, but failed[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]. but it is on Cookeyes home page if you want a look along with my first “bike” a Mobylette (that even made the CB50 seam fast.

Katana

cookeye
    Participant

Katane best i can do is a small picture at the mo[:D]
    2d.jpg
    cant see the flames i will try and make it bigger another day.IP is working on it for us.
    cookeye
    [;)]

cookeye
    Participant

well looks like i can do BIGnow

cookeye
    [;)]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.