I hope a competition is OK

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe I hope a competition is OK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Slidey Racer Lady
    Participant

I race a 20 year old F2 sidecar.  This year there is a Championship for which my bike is eligible, so I would like to do it!  However, the outfit really needs new tyres and new shocks, which will be around £2,000, so my new passenger Kerry and I have put together a competition. 

It is a prize draw where you can win:
    A week’s stay for a couple, at Gites de Laprade in the beautiful countryside of the Haute Vienne, Limoges, France, worth £425, courtesy of Brian and Taunya Smith ((Kerry’s mum)  http://www.gitesdelaprade.com 

Two nights bed and breakfast accommodation for up to 4 persons in scenic Mid Wales worth £240  http://www.ride-adventure.co.uk/bedandbreakfast.html 

A bike and clothing for a day’s trail or road riding, worth £180 (please note that this day is suitable for novice and true trail riders, not experienced offroad riders who want an enduro practice day)  http://www.trailrides-wales.com

The draw will take place on Bank Holiday Monday 4th May.  (Sorry about such short notice.)  Each £10 received will be entered in a prize draw with three wonderful prizes – our best ever draw!  The first winner will choose, then the second and the third winner will have the one that is left over. 

If you wish to enter by direct transfer, I will let you know my bank details.  Or you can send a cheque, making it payable to M J Walford at Glanbachog, Llanbrynmair, Powys, SY19 7BU.  I am afraid that you cannot use Paypal to enter a prize draw, as it is against their rules and may be illegal.  Contact me by pm, email [email protected] or phone 01686 430522.

I wanted to put on a picture, but don’t know how to do so, as there doesn’t seem to be an option for browsing.

Marianne

Radar
    Slidey Racer Lady
    Participant

Thank you to all who entered.  The winners are Dan Jones who has first choice, Wilf Mulliner who has second choice, Steve Peake with third choice and Michael Gunkel who has the prize which is left over.

Forty-nine persons entered, giving us £620 for improving the sidecar.  Not sure yet what the priorities are, but probably set up and tyres.  We will keep in touch with everyone via our Facebook page Two Fast Ladies.  It is Kerry’s first outing as a passenger this Wednesday at Aintree.  Hope it doesn’t rain too hard!

Marianne

Radar

Thank you to all who entered.  The winners are Dan Jones who has first choice, Wilf Mulliner who has second choice, Steve Peake with third choice and Michael Gunkel who has the prize which is left over.

Forty-nine persons entered, giving us £620 for improving the sidecar.  Not sure yet what the priorities are, but probably set up and tyres.  We will keep in touch with everyone via our Facebook page Two Fast Ladies.  It is Kerry’s first outing as a passenger this Wednesday at Aintree.  Hope it doesn’t rain too hard!

Marianne

Glad that it generated some funds for improving the sidecar, keep us updated about how you get on

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.