I got oily hands today!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe I got oily hands today!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    barmy_carmy
    Participant

Taking the radiator off our FZX which we have discovered is totally f****d not only is it bent but the fins are damaged right across rad! Took the fan off which wasnt even connected. I got really thick oily hands and Dave delegated![:D]hahahahahahahahaha!
    Did you know on the FZX the coolant goes around the frame? Not only did i have to drain the rad, But the frame too! I’m a woman of many talents![^][;)]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

I’m NOT going to make comments about being good with your hands… I won’t…. I won’t….

*snap*

OH CARMY, I ALWAYS KNEW YOU HAD SPECIAL FINGERS!!

GSF K1
    Participant

Cooling round the frame.. now thats a clever idea!!!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

tis very unusual, cant say I’ve come across this before. Was out there today fixing the fan on to new rad, sprayed the engine black cause it looked a mess, fixed rad back on bike, mate Cole came over and fixed new indicator on, just waiting for panels etc to be sprayed should get them back Wednesday, so hopefully next weekend should be on the road, oh by the way I did them jobs all by myself[^] mind you got flippin oil all over me[:I]

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Picking up the paintwork today, hopefully be playing by the weekend! Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!

Radar

How did the maiden voyage go then?

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Fantastic lol! feels good to be back out there playing! :)

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Today was fixing a few of the MOT Failures, The headlamp was loose so had to tighten that up, also the parking light didnt work, just a simple matter of replacing the bulb, The footbrake didnt illuminate, so it was just a case of WD40 and slight adjustment! Just stupid niggly bits, if we were there while they were doin it we could have done those little bits while we were there and it wouldve passed, but no they want the money for another MOT! So bikes booked in again on Tuesday!

LeviathanRan
    Participant

I have to say I’m not overly pleased with the whole MOT idea…
    Fair enough it keeps death traps off the road, but some of the rules are a bit tight, no?

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Agree Lev, they should’ve given us the opportunity to put things right, we could’ve done it there and then, But with the new system there’s no free retest and we will have to pay again![:(!]
    To date in 3 days we done 380 miles in total, so not bad[;)] Just itching to get some more riding in![}:)][:p][^] And Lev I do mean riding bike![}:)][:D]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by barmy_carmy
    And Lev I do mean riding bike![}:)][:D]

Yeah Yeah ;) heheh[:p]

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Do ya realise Lev, I’m old enough to be your mother:)

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Do ya realise Lev, I’m old enough to be your mother:)

My mum ain’t that old…

[:p]

But I do realise it, and I can’t say it bothers me [;)]

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Glad to hear it hun! :)

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Glad to hear it hun! :)

No one’s ever to old to play [:D]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.