I began with my first bookings………

Home Forums Biking abroad Mongolia by motorbike I began with my first bookings………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    matt splat
    Participant

I have started with my first bookings for my Mongolian (via china) charity rally.

Im back in the UK on june 31st and I leave again with all of the other rally participents on the Chunnel an July 5th. I am booked into the F1 in calais for that night.

My rally begins at about 7am the next day when I get my head down and head for Germany (ironically I pass within 50km’s of my house) in the direction of Turkey.

That was the first two of many bookings before I reach Mongolia!

Digger
    Participant

Nice one matt,all the very best of luck mate.

Radar

Good luck with it Matt. Sounds like an awesome adventure and I hope goes well for you. I expect that there will be problems on the way; machine, man environment and circumstance will no doubt be tough at times, but that I suppose will all be part of the journey.

matt splat
    Participant

To be honest, the hardest part is the first week or 2.

Until i give in to the road and dont care what comes over the horizon. The problem is is should be through Turkey by then, bring ripped off and fleeced in Azabaijan.

As for bike problems, if I am careful, I dont expect any!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

How many weeks in total do you reckon for the journey Matt?

matt splat
    Participant

I am warning my wife, up to three months.

Turkmenistan is the only country where I have to gun it for 5 days, outstaying your visa is not a good thing!

Before and after then I just take it as it comes at my own pace.

prezzo
    Participant

Nice 1 Matt wish I was going with you.

Champs
    Participant

Sounds superb, where does the rally start from then?

matt splat
    Participant

The rally starts from somewhere in Central London, we are not sure yet.

I was going to be one of the parks but apparently they are having problems finding a venue where they can get about 60 rally cars and archery!

Radar

Just been having a look at the site again, when does the rally start?

matt splat
    Participant

Its starts on the 5th July mate.

It should be really cool, fermented yaks milk, wrestling and mongolian archery are all on the list!

Your more than welcome to come along or even ride a section with me.

matt splat
    Participant

Now thats my Russian letter of invitation under my belt, now I can apply for a Russian visa!

But not yet though, I have to collect my visa’s backwards, starting in the last country, Russia is my 3rd from last country!

matt splat
    Participant

The gods of travel are smiling upon me today.

I now have 1 fresh transit visa for Turkmenistan in my passport

They are legendary difficult to get hold of and there is a breakneck deadline to cross the country in time.

But Ive got it, it’ll make my Iran and Uzbekistan visa’s in a couple of weeks go much more smoothly

Im still waiting to hear if Tehran thinks Im a spy or not!

Radar

Good news Matt, I think Tehran considers most people a spy. Just put “Anti impriallist USA studies” under hobbies on the form and you will be fine!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Just saw a program where they’ve got 6 of the best fighters going around the world doing ‘local’ fights. They trained hard to do the mongolian wrestling. The costume was some very camp bright blue chest-open shirts with small pink pants. Not very hard-looking! If you see someone dressed like this it’s absolutely normal.
    Think they complained about the diet being milk and mutton too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.