Hi

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Whereabouts are you located, we have members dotted about the country, sure somebody would be willing to help out in your quest for a perfect bike.

samstroker
    Participant

I live in a small place just north of Clitheroe, a place called Waddington, but I have a car so am willing to travel all over the country in my quest for the perfect bike. I think I will just use dealers for test rides because they always seem overpriced and ready to screw every penny out of you![:(!]

Digger
    Participant

Depending on how much your willing to spend,dealers are a good bet but if money is tight then buy private.I can help you sam as I live in lancashire too,a place called skelmersdale,just give me a shout if you need assistance.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Hiya Sam[:D] Sorry for belated welcome lol! Welcome to the nuthouse Lol![^][:p] Would be good for you to try a few out, then decide which one is best for you[;)] Good luck wiv yer new bike, you’ll see a bike that just catches yer eye and you know thats the one for you[;)]

Sorry to hear you had yer bike nicked, we absolutely loathe bike thieves, scum of the earth in my eyes!
    Sam come and join in the banter lol…….Come on lol get posting[:D]
    Friendly lot here[;)]

GSF K1
    Participant

Hiya Sam. Soz for the late hello, but I’ve been on me hols.

As for the next bike.. I’d happily recommend the Kawasakis ZX6R.. there’s loads on the second hand market, and they’re well priced, very sporty engines, good handling, reliable and look awsome! Best go for the G or J models rather than the elderly F models. If you can stretch to a newer 636cc engine machine even better as the extra torque really makes a difference.

samstroker
    Participant

Well I was warned off Kawasaki’s because of the build quality, I have ridden an earlier model ZXR600 (1999 I think it was) and even though it is more powerful than my Aprilia, it just seemed so tame, not focused as a sportsbike.

Radar

Try an R6 or a GSXR600, these are both a bit more edgy than the XZ6R or ZZR600

GSF K1
    Participant

The ZZR6 is not a sports bike.. its a sporty tourer. The ZX6R is waayyyyyy more nippy than the ZZR. Build quality on the older F models (pre 98) could be a bit iffy.. but my G1 model is fine. 8 years old and well looked after.
    The newer A1P models and later with the 636 engine have more torque so will feel like they pull better from 6k rpm, but also delivers 108bhp. The older models (G1 – on) delivered 106bhp but could feel tame till hitting the revs.
    It all depends what you like.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.