Hello – new member

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Hello – new member

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    edwardscott_30
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I’m new here, and new to bikes! Been driving a car for almost 3 years, but I’m being greedy and want to be able to ride a bike too, for a cheaper runaround and for a sharp kick of adrenaline on my daily commute.

So, while I do know a little about car engines (having got greasy more than a few times under my 1987 MK2 VW polo) I’m very much a newbie to it all, and know even less about bikes so excuse me if I ask some silly questions.

And maybe one day I’ll be in a position to offer advice as well as ask for it.

Thanks in advance!

ses310

Hi and welcome to the forum, feel free to ask any questions and we shall do our best to answer :)

Take a look around the forum, this should help https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/great-posts-pics-across-the-site-part-2/

Radar

Welcome to the forum, I have always owned a car and a bike right from when I was seventeen. I enjoy both in different ways.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with biking

HippoDrones
    Participant

Hi and welcome in  :)  we all started riding and having to learn whats what. Enjoy the freedom of your bikeing and let us know if we can help out at all!

katana
    Participant

Welcome

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome. For the ridiculous insurance costs on cars in the UK, I’m surprised more aren’t taking to bikes.

Have you got a bike yet?

edwardscott_30
    Participant

I went and collected my bike on Sunday, it’s a 1972 Honda CB 175. It’s absolutely amazing, but the only problem is.. it’s a 175!

The original plan was to downsize it somehow, but now that I’ve got it it seems a shame to mess with it and risk ruining it, so my new plan is to borrow a friend’s 125 while i’m practicing and take my test asap.. Hopefully it won’t take me long to learn!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Sounds like a good plan. Not many of those CB175s about now, but I do remember them being solid bikes with robust engines.

Champs
    Participant

Welcome to the forum, and don’t worry about asking questions, you should see some of the questions I have asked in the past!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.