Heading out on an adventure….

Home Forums Biking abroad UK to Spain Heading out on an adventure….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Now I have a job sorted and the sun is out I have decided to bite the bullet and go do somit I’ve wanted to do for years. Am off on the bike to Europe on Friday 10th and coming back on the 22nd.

Am getting the ferry from Dover to Calais on the 10th then travelling through France to Switzerland, down to Italy then back through France to Spain and ferry from Bilbao to Portsmouth on the 21st/22nd.

Its about 1600miles riding so if I average 200miles a day it should be easy :-)

Am only taking a toothbrush, a spare set of underwear and a sleeping bag plus a camelback for fluids and my wallet (oh and if I get lost following my nose a satnav if it turns up on time! :D

RoadTrip1_zpsce585b6d.jpg

Am going on Lord Vader as it has the biggest tank range and will also put it on milage for its next service (and def will need a tyre or two I imagine as well! :D

Best not crash Kevin at Brands on the 9th! lol

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s a big loop for 12 days Pete. Flippin’ fantastic though, I’ve done most of that loop by motorcycle and it’s truly awesome. Don’t forget the camera(s)!

Have a great time mate.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Cheers, aye if it looks like I am running out of time I’ll jump on some motorways for longer but I think I can do it ok. Am by myself so can go on for as long as I need to and stop/start when I please :-)

ses310

Looks great Pete! You could always still come on the Pyrenees run too now you have a job!

HippoDrones
    Participant

It is right slap bang in the middle of my training unfortunately so is a no go. I shall have to try and do another with you guys another year! :-)

I hope all the lil bits and bobs I have ordered for this turn up on time with the bank holiday! :S

katana
    Participant

Pete – you jammy bugger.

Have fun

HippoDrones
    Participant

Getting organised…
    466942_10151388725461820_458196131_o_zps14321269.jpg

Only bringing a diddy bag tho….
    465697_10151388726051820_693422513_o_zps447bf6dd.jpg

All packed, just waiting for the postman to deliver my satnav and Euro health card….
    919475_10151388726476820_417497655_o_zps92999832.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

That widescreen TV folds down pretty small  ;D

So, I can’t see a tent, you’re sleeping rough then?

HippoDrones
    Participant

tent is the blue thing in the bottom pic…. was just gonna rough it but a friend said some camp sites may be weird about not having a tent.

Haha, are tv and ps3 flat packed ;-)

Radar

Sounds like a fantastic trip Pete. Truly would love to come along. Have fun and keep us updated as to your progress if you have a chance

HippoDrones
    Participant

will do matey :-)

I was really hoping to go in just jeans and jacket but if this rain continues I may not be able to and will have to Rukka up :-(  Not got room really to bring both Rukka and my jeans/leather jacket. Hopefully it’ll clear by Friday as I don’t mind getting wet once I have left but am not up for starting the journey soggy.

Swindon Andy
    Participant

Impressed. I would have to include an air mattress for my back. Sun tan lotion?

HippoDrones
    Participant

aye got suntan lotion and mozi repellent too :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

you can tell I am excited coz I am pretty much all ready to go but have at least an hour before I leave! lol

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Tickets and passport!!

Have a safe journey Pete, will catch up when you’re back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.