Have Lost My Mojo

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Have Lost My Mojo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

I really wanted to love my Ducati, its not happening tho. Totally gutted to be honest as the bike is absolutely bonkers and there is not a pikey component on it. To be honest I am really struggling to find a decent explanation to why I am not getting on with it, the engine is perfect! The looks are staggering… Unfortunately the ergonomics are not quite as good, I think it is just that I am too short.

Am going to replace it with a 600cc class bike I think. Anyone got any recommendations? Ride reports will really help my decision, post some up and help me make my mind up! :-)

ses310

Thats a real shame Pete but I think that some bikes are like that. I was the same with my Bandit 1200. Just didn’t love it.
    Only 600 I have had was my CBR600F which was a great bike but probably not for you. I reckon its worth going to test ride a Triumph 675 Daytona, they are supposed to be amazing.

HippoDrones
    Participant

aye the 675 is on the short list :)

Radar

Friend of mine has recently bought a 675 Daytona R and seems to love it. I think it would suit you, but just a little worried it may be a littel lacking in the ‘balls’ department after you Duke, 1055 and Gixer7.

HippoDrones
    Participant

one of the reasons I am after a 600 is just that, I kinda want to have to work a little harder for each mph! :D

Will be booking test rides when I get back from sea and then try find a good deal :)

Radar

one of the reasons I am after a 600 is just that, I kinda want to have to work a little harder for each mph! :D

Will be booking test rides when I get back from sea and then try find a good deal :)

I see where you are coming from Pete. Hope you can you sort a good deal on your return

BigBen
    Participant

got a CBR600 97 model for sale if youre interested. save some dollar on the purchase price and get the engine tuned up to fook and dress it in carbon fibre with CF wheels…. be mint that.

HippoDrones
    Participant

cheers mate. I have never felt like this about a heart purchase bike before, I hope I never do again. To me bikes should be about the passion not the sensibilities, guess it has to bite back sometimes after a string of fantastic bikes….

Triumph 1050 Speedtriple
    Suzuki 750 GSX-R k7
    Husqvarna SM510R
    KTM 200 EXC
    KTM 300 EXC SM
    Yamaha XS 400 Flat-tracker

am not saying all my recent bikes were perfect mind:

KTM 640 LC4
    KTM 250 EXC
    these were both less than I expected them to be.

HippoDrones
    Participant

got a CBR600 97 model for sale if youre interested. save some dollar on the purchase price and get the engine tuned up to fook and dress it in carbon fibre with CF wheels…. be mint that.

ty Benji, but will be buying new I think mate.

ses310

This may help Pete, it is Americans but pretty good video

[youtube]https://youtu.be/7u6Ff8OSjrY[/youtube]

HippoDrones
    Participant

will have a watch after dinner, ty :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

I have seen a couple of their vids before, not that one tho. Fav quote: “that 750 is the best 600!” lol :D  I think realistically unless Honda or Kawasaki launch a new 600 by Nov/Dec this year that the GSX-R600 and the 675R will be the contenders for the title of PT’s Next Bike! :D but test rides will decide for sure.

Have any of you had a sneaky test ride on either of the latest versions of them? :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.