Had a little spin in the countryside….

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road Had a little spin in the countryside….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Wow, what a day! Met up with the chaps in Inveraray at around 1000, left theirs at 1100 then went up into the mountains and bogs (bogs that bikes can get totally sunk in![:0]) and had an awesome adventure even though due to my lack of ability we never did the Munro (3000′ mountain) We still got up pretty high and I got stuck pretty deep![:I] lol

There were times where I just wanted to stop but once we got up a bit higher and I got into the swing of things better I really started to enjoy the riding, the scenery was spectacular but due to the terrain I never got many chances to fully absorb what was around us. I still got to have a gander at it from time to time and it seriously blew my socks off, we could see for probably 50miles in some places, totally stunning!

My pics are a bit of a let down and really don’t do justice to how beautiful it was up there, Brian who was one of my guides took some pics with a proper camera and I’ll post them up once he emails me copies

Anyways, some pics as always:

the drive to Inveraray:
    DSC00571.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

Yet again me getting stuck:
    DSC00574.jpg

The getting to the mountains was probably the hardest riding technically I’ve had to do so far, but once up a bit there were a lot less bogs and pete marshes, well not quite true, I think I just got better at spotting them after lots of close inspections! [:I]

The rest were taken when we finally stopped for food and in my case fuel (which I had strapped to me back with gaffa-tape LOL

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

I must of come off about 20+ times and am really feeling it now, god knows what I’ll be like tomoz at work! :D

I managed to taste several streams too as well as going over the bars a few times, once with the bike summersaulting onto me nads! [B)] hahaha, I think I may not be able to father kids now! :D lol

Will post any other pics as I get them [:)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

some more pics (don’t know if these links will work tho?

2009_0329petemate0020.jpg

2009_0329petemate0021.jpg

2009_0329petemate0023.jpg

2009_0329petemate0026.jpg

TT07
    Participant

I may be 2 days early, but I reckon those shots of your bike stuck in the mud are good “photo of the month” material.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by TT07

I may be 2 days early, but I reckon those shots of your bike stuck in the mud are good “photo of the month” material.

Pete and Max are fighting it out as usual, we all must get out there and get some good shots. These two are putting us to shame!

HippoDrones
    Participant

hahaha, get out and just ride! :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.