Great posts & pics across the site. Part 2

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Great posts & pics across the site. Part 2

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

I can’t believe I’ve only had the time and chance coinside to ride my 250 once over the last 8months! :(

Hopefully if the weather gets a bit friendl I’ll get over to Gingers next weekend. Am poss going with a mate on his Dominator which should make for some hairy pics even if he manages to fit the dirt tyres I don’t think he realises quite how much of a handful his bike will be round there. I’d not want to take my 640 there unless it had been dry for about 3wks beforehand and his is even heavier! [:D]

Will post up pics etc if it happens! :)

hunnsy
    Participant

I’ve just had a look at this and found it entertaining. It’s good to see the variety of stuff you lot get up to, and that a lot of you seem to meet up occasionally and go places. The euro-tours looked fun. I now have an idea about the kind of machinery you ride around on and know that most of you go to the same barbers (number two please Alf).

I recently joined a BSA A7/A10 forum, mainly to ask technical questions (which seems to be what most of the people on there do). A tremendous amount of hard won knowledge on there that invariably turns out to be contradictory from one ‘expert’ to the next! Nothing on there about meeting up and going somewhere and plenty of detail about rebuilding one part or another. A bit worrying that! But as half of the contributors are in Australia or the US I suppose a meet up would be a bit difficult.

I joined the BSA Owners Club and there are plenty of National and International runs happening, with impressive turnouts by members considering the majority of them seem to be in their 60’s and 70’s! The members newsletter is always a good read: lots of letters wishing people a speedy recovery from their hip replacement/triple bypass surgery.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words. Forum mod Radar keeps this updated (stirling job mate) and it’s nice to peruse from time to time. They’re a friendly bunch on here (no hip replacements just yet) so glad to have you on board!

ianwhitesgoldwings
    Participant

Love the pic of Thailand. I go regular and yes its more hectic in central Bangkok.
    First time i hired a motorcycle out there i swear i was going to die lol no rules just GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;D
    Great pics!

HippoDrones
    Participant

if you click the link just above the picture it will take you to loads more pics and a good write up of their trip :)

craftycarmy
    Participant

If anyone wants me to 3D any photos, as long as I got a scenic pic or background with bike and/or rider/s  I can then turn it into a card or picture, I would only charge actual cost of making it & postage, to my fellow bikers out there ;) Fantastic pics have already copied some pics that I can use for my cards. Hope you dont mind Pete but I copied one photo of you off road all muddy and in mid air, that would make an excellent 3D card. But if you object then of course I wont use that photo ;) I see these pics……. and I wish to God I was still biking….Miss it so very much :(  (Unfortunately Because of medication cannot be a rider, only a pillion)  So if anyone is ever down my way…..Giz a ride, still got my biking gear ;)

HippoDrones
    Participant

help yourself to any of my pics on here cc :-)

Radar

You can use of any of my pics you think suitable too CC.

Will have to set up some sort of riad in the summer to get you out on the back of a bike again

Radar

Over the 10 yearsof the forum we have all had some cracking times on our bikes

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.