Good Samaritan

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Good Samaritan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Do you stop for fellow bikers in distress?

Donate – it makes you feel good!

GSX Rat
    Participant

I stop whether they are in a dress or not………..

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Always used to until I stopped for over an hour for a really ungrateful one, never said thanks even. And I got his bike going for him! Now I always stop but see what the person is like first (sorry to say) before committing to help too much.

Gix
    Participant

It depends, all sorts of weirdos about nowadays and being tiny and 8 stone nothing I am very cautious. I ride past first and give em thumbs up, usually if they need help they reply with thumbs down. Then I will go back and see if I can help but always stay seated on bike with engine running and in gear just in case….at least till I’ve sussed situation out any way.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

Wild01
    Participant

Most of the time yeah, stopped a few times to see if people where ok only to find they where just having a quick fag!!![:D] Most people usually appreciate the thought, plus I can have a chat and a ciggie with em.[:D]

Wilba Wild 01

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Same here always stop to find out, But there are two of us. Bit of a sad state of affairs these days, that you cant trust even your fellow biker cause of fear of what might happen. I know this is the times we live in, there wasnt that fear 25 yrs ago, bikers felt they were part of a big family. I grew up in times of Mods and Rockers, then Greasers and Skinheads. But me personally I always treat my fellow bikers with respect as I would expect in return. My motto is treat people how they treat you!

No1 ride, our FZX750

speedy claire
    Participant

Did once after a bloke I was having a bit of a “contest” with lost his bike on a roundabout……… I obviously stopped to help him which I thought was just as well cos he was unconscious for a couple of minutes. Once he`d come round he jumped up and to cut a long story short told me to get lost. I`m a nurse and told him that whilst he was unconscious i`d rung an ambulance at which point he told me to f**k off and mind my own business!! Seeing as how he looked pretty determined I obviously stepped aside as he limped off onto his bike. Hate to say it but I`ll think twice in future

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Well Speedy claire, Sounds like that biker was a totalw**ker! am I allowed to say that word? I’m sorry to hear of your experience, like I said it never used to be like that, reading between the lines I think it was his male ego/pride to be beaten by a woman.

No1 ride, our FZX750 and please DONATE to this website

speedy claire
    Participant

Could have been or on reflection maybe he`d nicked the bike!! It was in Liverpool and I can say that cos i`m a Scouser lol

GSX Rat
    Participant

i’ve said it b4 and i’ll say it again:

What do you call a scouser in a suit?

The accused!

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Well I am thankful this has never happened to us. I’ll tell you of one incident, husband rode an 1100 Virago then, Hubby was riding along with then my 13yr old daughter and the engine dropped down, hubby managed to stop it safely, thank God, But because of arthritic arms and hands,he could do nothing, otherwise totally stuffed.These Hells Angels stopped in a van, told my husband to take a seat after he had explained, The 3 of them then set to work on the bike, and totally fixed everything, they then asked Dave if he wanted to go back to their clubhouse in Bournemouth, But Dave just wanted to get back home, was suffering a bit that day. He wished he’d thought to ask for phone No but totally forgot. Dave had said his thanks and total appreciation to them. Doesnt that story just warm your heart! There has been a few times bikers have stopped, we tell them we appreciate them stopping, but were just having a fag. As we do if we see another biker if they are parked.

No1 ride, our FZX750 and please DONATE to this website

GSX Rat
    Participant

easiest thing to do is stick a thumb up as you are riding past – you either get a thumb up or down in return, down you stop – up you dont!

speedy claire
    Participant

That`s a lovely story and restores my faith somewhat. There`s obviously a lot of bikers out there who will always look out for their own but I think you`ll always get that element of bikers who spoil it for the rest of us. And re. the scouser joke…… ha ha bloody ha lol

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Hi speedy glad that warmed you up a bit, But wherever you go you always tend to meet the oddw**ker.As GSX says thumbs up carry on thumbs down and we stop. To me a fellow biker would either be my bro or sis, cause thats the way its always been for me, still caught in the past on that one! It used to be if you went on a run you would visit your fellow bikers, Like from Weymouth, we went to Salisbury, then it was the george pub, party in there our fellow bikers from Slisbury put us up for the night and fed us, Then carried on to leicester where we met with more biker friends again partyed with them, between them they put us all up etc etc, then they come and do the rounds, Life just seemed like constantly biking and partying, It was great while it lasted.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

GSF K1
    Participant

Having just returned to bikes, I’ve noticed a difference since “the good old days”, and I’m only talking 15 years… I remember that whenever you passed another biker on the road, you nodded, tilted your head, waved (if you could), or at least acknowledged the other rider.. these days, only about half the riders I’ve passed have done such.

To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.