Golding Barn Raceway – Yamaha Day – 20th April

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Track days Golding Barn Raceway – Yamaha Day – 20th April

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

https://www.yamaha-schools.co.uk/?page=southeast

After having my KTM stolen I can’t see me getting another dirty bike for a long time but am really missing the riding so have booked myself back into the place that got me hooked in the first place on another Yamaha Offroad Experience day. It is a lovely track and they supply all the bikes and gear and there is no need to spend as long cleaning and servicing the bikes after so for a full days dirty riding it is really good value at £185. I am currently waiting to see if my mate can get the day off work so he can join me as well. Really looking forward to it [:D]

This is a pic of me from the first time I went after never having ridden a dirt bike prior:

IMG_4942.jpg

[:D]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s “big air” for someone who hadn’t ridden off road before! The Yam track days look really good and, as you say, the bonus is no hosing down and repairing the bike afterwards.

Radar

Have fun Pete. I having been meaning to try some off roading for at least 3 years now!

HippoDrones
    Participant

cheers guys [:)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Heading to Golding Barn in a bit, sign on at 10. The pro tog is gonna be there so will post up pics after when I get home [:)]

Radar

Have fun bud, looking forward to the pics!

ses310

Hope you’ve had a good day and that the weather didn’t spoil it too much

HippoDrones
    Participant

it was awesome mate. Will stick the pics and vids up tomoz if I get them uploaded [:)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

have had no internet up in Snotland, will try sorting all the bits this weekend [:)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Finally got the photos uploaded [:)]

The whole day was fantastic, I was worried that the weather would mean it was cancelled but the rain held off all day just about and the fact the track had been rained on softened it a bit which gave us more grip too.

The day started with us getting issued our kit, I brought my boots, lid and gloves but used their armour, jersey and trollies as didn’t fancy having to wash mine after lol.

f416fd44.jpg

56193a52.jpg

We were split into 3 groups of 5 riders and were sent out in our respective groups onto the kiddies track to make sure we were able to ride and also to get us used to the bikes a little.

f62cd63e.jpg

Once we found our feet we went out on a short loop of the main track, we had a cople of sessions on that loop and they increased it to include “Dead Mans Hill” which first time you go down it scares the hell outta you as it is rather steep [:D] again after a couple of sessions they lengthened the track again and by the end of the day we were riding the full circuit.

I am still trying to sort the GoPro footage, will post it up if I manage to get it uploaded to Youtube, currently it needs editing down as I have about an hour of footage. Here are the rest of the phots and a lil vid a mate took on his phone.

54f079c1.jpg

bd45ecb8.jpg

3c7a5a97.jpg

e5c5cf70.jpg

877bf569.jpg

36d5c2a8.jpg

2dc1b7a0.jpg

dbe8b6fa.jpg

03398c84.jpg

e0f192f8.jpg

e608cc09.jpg

8c6b12d9.jpg

ea518f80.jpg

And the Vid:

th_6e86e282.jpg

katana
    Participant

Great pictures Pete

HippoDrones
    Participant
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

You definitely got into it after a few laps, Pete. It looks easier than it is I’m sure, probably the camera has a lot to do with that. Do you get decent instruction there?

HippoDrones
    Participant

The guys do give help as the day goes on and if wanted they will be more in depth. Generally tho its just informal riding tips [:)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

video link updated

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.