Gloucestershire Bikernites

Home Forums Meetings and events Gloucestershire Bikernites

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    elessimo
    Participant

Every Wednesday evening from April ’til the end of September a few hundred old boys (& gals) meet up at a selected pub – can’t think why….
    Today we met at Twyning Green, near Tewkesbury; lovely evening supping Jail Ale with Ol on his works bike (jammy bugger!). Although it did rain all the way home. Again.
    Later in Sept it’ll be at Fladbury in Worcester (or ‘up north’ as we call it). Look for Bikernites on the interweb.
    Some interesting bikes to be seen, old & new, of which here are a couple:
    K_zps1b8049b5.jpg
    and
    B_zps5e87b8da.jpg
    (my favourite)
    Y_zps7701a6aa.jpg
    immaculate!
    P1060784_zps4d309243.jpg
    with Ol
    K2_zps38366dd5.jpg
    smart…
    If any of you Midlanders can come down south for a rideout, make yourself known to the greybeard in the white and black kafiya….

Radar

Looks a good night, shame the evenings are closing in now.

I had a 1978 Kawasazaki KH250…a B5, mine was a miserable piece of junk!! I ran briefly over the harsh winter of 1985/6

I also had a XJR1300SP,  a bike that I regret selling to be honest

bikepics-468789-800.jpg

elessimo
    Participant

Cheltenham bikernite had a good turnout – very warm night and dry:
    2bikerniteatCheltenham_zps6b12790e.jpg
    ran into an old mate Mike King who turned up on his 18 year old Triumph Adventure:
    2MikeKingsAdventure_zpse2820527.jpg
    Saw my next bike (don’t mention it to Debs):
    CCMR30_zps455e3096.jpg
    Lovely z1000 with what looked like a Gixer engine:
    2isthatagixerengine_zpscfcb0ac0.jpg
    and a couple of beautiful customs:
    2nice_zpsd4783d72.jpg
    2cruiser_zps250372ef.jpg
    As usual, some tasty older metal too, some Jap, some Brit:
    2cleanXT500_zps0f418816.jpg
    2niceoldNorton_zps00286426.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

the 2 customs look lovely, really like the Harley although only probably to look at lol :D

imperialdata
    Keymaster

That’s a great mix of bikes that turn out Steve. Thanks for uploading the pics.

elessimo
    Participant

Northleach bikernite tomorrow: wrong side of the tracks for me, but there’s a ‘mystery pub’ on the 17th so I might be up for that…..
    Almost hope for clouds though – my commute home last night (Tewkesbury-Ledbury-Ross-Lydbrook) was unusually horrible: due west from 6pm onwards, straight into the blinding low sun on a country tree-lined route, alternating strobes and black holes. No sun visor: my sunglasses didn’t help. 8)
    Could’ve hit an artic without knowing it was there…… :(

Radar

Shame the evenings are closing in now, I would be interested in coming along one day

elessimo
    Participant

The ‘mystery’ meet next Wednesday is at The Red Lion at Wainlodes, on the riverbank.

Radar, I’ll post next year when the meets start up again so you can come down for our northerly ones – Pershore, Fladbury, etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.