Gixxers dead

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise Gixxers dead

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Radar

It is a clip from famous sit-com Fawlty Towers when the lead character loses it with his unreliable car and attacks it…

FawltyTowers.jpg

BigBen
    Participant

Pahahahah love that episode!! :p

tiny update, I calmed down and started connected the wires back up. I had seven black wires to mess with. 5 are connected up and the bike runs perfectly cept I’ve lost the use of the starter switch n kill switch but I’m nearly there. The new exhaust sounds great too. I didn’t think it’d be that good until I started the bike up and nearly shat myself. A baffle is deffinitely needed, there’s no chance I’ll get away with it :)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Sounds like you’re well on the way to fixing it Ben

Radar

Glad you are getting it sorted Ben

BigBen
    Participant

Indeed I am chaps. I was unfortunately screamed into the yard tonight by the missus so I thought I’d give the bike a bit of a fix to see if I could get all the switches to work and I actually managed it. Everything works how it should and I have two wires left to power the alarm.

Job done! Storming here we come :)

TT07
    Participant

Well done Ben, will you be taking her out for a spin to see if your any more/less happy with her?

BigBen
    Participant

Yeah I already have TT. And I’m keeping it. Fitting the growler has opened up the potential to be a great machine, it now pulls like a train! Although it’s a very satisfying growl it’s a very loud one so not sure whether to baffle it or not. Next stop, gasflowed head and big bore kit. I’m trying to beat the bhp of a featured bike in a mag of 197.2 bhp. Might get there, probably won’t. For now it’s a very tolerable machine

Radar

When ar you planning to start the work Ben? Going to enjoy the summer on it as is first? The Bandit on the back burner now?

BigBen
    Participant

Yeah going to use it a bit first me thinks. So winter it is money permitting. The bandit is still on, I’ve moved some stuff into the unit now so I could do both at once, I have enough space for a party :)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.