GinoPed blog

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe GinoPed blog

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    zippy
    Participant

havent updated the blog in a while thought i would give you an update. gino is still going strong got over 600km on the clock now and this will continue to go up as i now have a weekend job. little gino is going to be a working moped now :)

went into readspeed to ask about derestriction so maybe gino will be able to go a little bit faster soon (look out guys), also will make it much easier going up the hills.

been out to my friends today had to ride back in the rain and in the dark. oh the joys of motorcycling!!  :)

zippy
    Participant

quick update:
    still enjoying using my moped, not getting as much use now as it gets colder and raining (all the time) gino is not too keen on the english weather he prefers the italian weather lol :)

gino has got a little job now, working as a commuter moped to get me to and from work at weekends.

still looking into the de-restriction,most likely it will get done soon now i am 17 :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Really glad to hear you are still enjoying Gino, once it has a bit more go am sure you will be out on it twice as much :D Good to see he is earning his keep too ;)

zippy
    Participant

dad (radar) rang up the insurance people and found out that it wont cost anymore on my insure either if i get gino derestricted ….. bonus  :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

AWESOME! :D

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice to hear a positive insurance story! Glad to hear you’re still enjoying it.

Radar

I was rather amazed that it did not cost anymore on the insurance, so when Gino goes in for his first service he will be officially de-restricted!

zippy
    Participant

Thought it was time for a little update.
    I brought a new helmet because somehow I chipped mine
    Gino has been sent for his first service and de-restriction hopefully he will go a little but faster now
    Still having a look for a 125 but can’t decide on whether I want a sportier one or twist and go.
    Looking into having a go on a geared bike sometime soon to see if i like it or not
    Clocked up nearly 800km now and still going strong.  :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

a geared bike is def more rewarding to ride and will allow for bikes that handle better than the peds too, saying that tho the current crop of peds can be lots of fun too!

You need to persuade your dad to let you come play with us silly sods on the 125hundreds! :D

zippy
    Participant

Little gino has now been de-restricted. Reached a huge 42mph. Bombing along LOL.  :)

zippy
    Participant

Had my first off a couple of days ago. Smashed one mirror and scratched the front fairing on the side other than that no damage done. I was fine dad was more shook up than I was. Got new mirrors off eBay there not too bad but still going to get a piaggio mirror when I can.
    Gino even got a get well card from my friends 4 year old brother.
    Dad has brought another yes another motorbike. This one is a Suzuki en 125 that he can go on when he comes out with me. I think a journey to bikers cafe can be done now. Thumper will join in on his 125 if he can. And they are supposed to be the adults…. I think not.  :P

HippoDrones
    Participant

glad you are ok, good to get it out the way on slower steeds too :-)

katana
    Participant

Glad you’re ok –  always good to get the first off out of the way early. Mine was into the side of a cow – like hitting a furry wall.

It’s a good job your Dad bought the en125 because if he got a monkey bike then I would have had to bought one as well!

Radar

Glad you’re ok –  always good to get the first off out of the way early. Mine was into the side of a cow – like hitting a furry wall.

It’s a good job your Dad bought the en125 because if he got a monkey bike then I would have had to bought one as well!

The Monkey remains on the shopping list!

zippy
    Participant

Went out with dad today on the new 125. Only went to the chippy in be bewdly but still a nice little ride even if it was freezing lol

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.