Getting back on a bike after 20 years…

Home Forums Members’ bikes Getting back on a bike after 20 years…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elessimo
    Participant

Hi all,

Picked up my gleaming TDM 900 on Saturday, got home very wet and covered in mud: not a great first ride after 20 years off… Those weather forecasters have absolutely no idea, sometimes.

Now building the bike shed – I’m accidently making it big enough for two bikes, just in case I find a cheap trail bike.

No doubt I’ll see some of you out on the road when (if!) it gets drier… especially Radar & Thumper…

Steve

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi Steve.  Glad to hear you’re back on 2 wheels. Especially pleased to hear you’re making space for another bike!

Nothing has changed over 20 years has it? Cars, vans, buses and trucks are still out to kill us…

Dave

katana
    Participant

Welcome Steve.

You need at least two bikes, otherwise they get lonely.

Radar

Welcome to the forum Steve, you even have your piccie on here already!

IMAG1074_zps2c50298b.jpg

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/good-to-see-somebody-back-on-two-wheels/

The TDM looks excellent

elessimo
    Participant

Thanks all.
    Have any of you used Bikers Paradise near Coventry?
    They only do motorcycle clothing, but tailor their range for you: useful for those of us with unfeasibly short legs. Great reviews: tempted to pootle over next dry weekend to check out some jeans…

Radar

Thanks all.
    Have any of you used Bikers Paradise near Coventry?
    They only do motorcycle clothing, but tailor their range for you: useful for those of us with unfeasibly short legs. Great reviews: tempted to pootle over next dry weekend to check out some jeans…

Not heard of it to be honest, but do work in the area so I will have to check it out. I need some new boots and some soft luggage for the Ducati

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.