Fuel injection servo bypass relay.

Home Forums Technical and wiring diagrams Fuel injection servo bypass relay.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ninja Mania
    Participant

Just wondering if any of you bikers know where I can get a relay that plugs into the fuel injection servo, to create a bypass ?
    Its for my kawasaki ninja 636 C1H, 2005 plate.

Radar

Could be another one for our resident 636 Guru, GSF K1 are you out there!?

Ninja Mania
    Participant

Baqsically, I bought another servo and fitted it, but im still showing a red light.
    I thought a sollution would be to fit a bypass rely, or find out if a there was a relay inline before the power gets to the servo, any ideas?

GSF K1
    Participant

Unfortunately I havent seen a wiring diagram of the servo.. so I’m not even sure if this is possible… knowing that the FI warning light shows if the servo moves the wrong amount let alone continuous (cos I put my blanking plate on the wrong way round), it makes me think theres some electronics gizmos that “talk” to the black box.. its all high tech these days!!

Ninja Mania
    Participant

Im confussed noo, would the red key do anything to it, like remapping or what?

GSF K1
    Participant

No… thats only for reprogramming the ECU for the immobiliser.. DO NOT USE!!!

GSF K1
    Participant

Nija Mania.

I thought that you wouldnt be the only one with this problem.. turns out theres a few people with this trouble when fitting aftermarket cans…
    A few of them are chatting about solutions:- https://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r-forum/11639-fi-light.html

Rgds
    del.

Ninja Mania
    Participant

Thanks for the link GSF K1, it appears to be a common problem, im waiting for a mate to remap it, but I may try the battery disconnect for 10mins to see how it goes, dont see how that will work tho, and I certainly dont want to remove any wiring. I can live with the red light so long as I know the mixture etc etc is ok, and im not doing any damage to the engine.

Ninja Mania
    Participant

Yippee, its sorted, I dont know what I done but its ok now.
    Tried disconnect the battery, but that never worked, so I removed the return plate from the top of the servo unit and refitted it in a slightly different position, and low and behold the red F.I light went out.
    Now I can look forward to my Isle of Skye trip and not have any worries.
    Thanks GSF K1 for all your help and advise.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Ninja Mania

Yippee, its sorted, I dont know what I done but its ok now.
    Tried disconnect the battery, but that never worked, so I removed the return plate from the top of the servo unit and refitted it in a slightly different position, and low and behold the red F.I light went out.
    Now I can look forward to my Isle of Skye trip and not have any worries.
    Thanks GSF K1 for all your help and advise.

He is a good chap old GSF! Make sure you post some piccies of your trip when you get back. Hope it goes well

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.