Four Wheels can be fun…

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Four Wheels can be fun…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Especially when each one is tiny and attached to a go-kart and on a circuit! Due to a combimation of lousy weather and no time I have not used my bike since October so when, with 10 other like minded friends (including Imperial Data, Toggsy and Thumper of this parish), I lined up on the grid I knew that I was in for a laugh. Mind you I was ferkin’d freezin and it was pouring with rain!

APU2007001.jpg
    11 racing drivers…yeah right…can anybody spot Thumper?

APU2007002.jpg
    On the Grid, you can almost hear Fleetwood Mac playing and Murray Walker about to start yelling “Go!Go!Go!”, Well I can

We did a 1 hour endurance race split into two 30 minute halves. Between the rain, spray and general muck being chucked my glasses were reduced to a useless filthy mess, and a misted visor wasn’t doing my lap times any good either! I pottered around spinning every now and again while Thumper, Toggsy and my Dutch mate (The Stig) lapped me repeatedly. The Dutch Stig looked terribly cool in is white trainers as he flashed past me! Just because you could see where you were going there was no need to rub it in! It was an endurance race in the truest sense LOL! After thirty minutes I was cold wet but sporting a huge grin.

APU2007006.jpg
    Toggsy and Thumper battle it out in the freezing rain

In the second half I ditched my glasses and enjoyed a good dice with Thumper who was spinning more than Tony Blair at his height, Great fun! It was mayhem as we all span and slithered about. I did a commendable job of demolishing the chicane on one occasion. The marshals were a bit tardy in getting us going after a spin, but all in all we had a superb time. For the record Toggsy won (as per fecking usual), with Dutch Stig and his gleaming white trainers second and Thumper a commendable third. Great fun and highly recommended to all frustrated car bound bikers out there!

APU2007010.jpg
    To the victor the spoils! Is it me or does Toggsy look like he has wet himself? God, winning means so muchto him lol!

APU2007011.jpg
    I had a great time – honest!

max
    Participant

looks like fun to me cool

Scouser
    Participant

Should have gone to Specsavers!

Looks like great fun! Glad you guys had a good time. Hope to see you all next year.
    all the Best for the season Radar!

Radar

Now looking to set an interforum race eith 6 in each team in a 2 hour endurance race.
    Interest from Bikers cafe, D.T.P. and GB Bikers seems to be there and Dutch Stig could muster a team from where we both work
    Could be a laugh. Looking at April

katana
    Participant

count me in

Thumper
    Participant

ME TOO!
    I have to say, apart from the obvious discomfort, driving slicks in the wet was bloomin’ marvellous, – highly recommended.
    Loads of spins, tail out drifting, and those bum cleching moments when your kart understeers, and there is nothing you can do to avoid a crash!
    A good giggle!

Radar

I never did get around to organising that Kart race…

Champs
    Participant

bloody hell, i read the whole post then and wondered where you had been this weekend to have such crap weather, until I saw the timestamps! :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Hahaha awesome :D

I’m doing a team endurance kart race tomoz eve with my lodger, will be doing 45min each. Is an indoor circuit tho so will not be like that lovely 2007 race you guys had! [:D]

Radar

Toggs now has several karts of his own and he and his race regularly now. Thumper has his own kart that he uses sparadically

Radar

Time for another forum Karting do come spring methinks!!

BigBen
    Participant

looks like a lot of fun does that, MD has been karting a few times but im a bit too giant for it i think :( boo

Radar

Way too long since I been Karting. Have been a couple times since this outing in 2007, but would love another blast soon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.