Foot control adjustments

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Foot control adjustments

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

yeah but a photo will show “how” its actually assembled mate.[;)]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

A photo of what? I can’t take the bike apart to show you can I?

Can it be adjusted or not?

LeviathanRan
    Participant

https://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/suzuki-gz125-99-bikepics-373636.jpg

that’s the best I could do, but that’s how it is on my bike

Gix
    Participant

Well cant see too good on pic, but most bikes have like a pinch bolt thing that you loosen and adjust for gear lever, and the gixer has a screw and lock nut to adjust brake position, I will take some pics tomorrow and you can see if yours is similar?[:)]

Radar

Hope you get it sorted mate, keep us informed of your progress.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

thanks folks!

Gix, I just asked my mate matt who is a mechanic for BMW and he said it’s and easy 2 minute job to adjust the gear shift position and rear brake shouldnt be that hard to do either!

Take those pics please, itll be a great help

Gix
    Participant

Have a look HERE and tell me whether the assemblies in both pics look like your bikes assemblies? You can enlarge pics for a closer look by clicking on them…[;)]

Gix
    Participant

Youre mate is right, its an easy job, I did the brake on the 600 when I first got it cos it was too low.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

im not too sure gix, ill take some pics tomorrow so you can decide lol nght :P

Gix
    Participant

ok hun, goodnight![:D]

katana
    Participant

looking at the picture.

You should be able to adjust it with the rod that connects the lever to the shaft.

At each end there should be a lock nut – loosen both of these (careful because one end will be a left hand thread) and then turn the rod anticlockwise. The lever should move down then retighen the lock nuts.

If that doesn’t give you enough adjustment then take the pinch bolt out from the fitting that connects to the gearbox shaft, pull off the fitting from the shaft (might have to get a lever behind it) then turn it to a new positon on the splines on the shaft that puts the lever in the right place.

You can’t turn it too far though, because if you do the lever will not have enough leverage to turn the shaft (check it works before you ride off). If you turn it way too far you can also make the gear selection work backwards (i.e. 1up – 4down).

LeviathanRan
    Participant

awesome, thank you Katana! :D
    I’ll get someone who more know how to do that for me, Cheers for the help lads and lasses (Gix :P)
    I’ll take some pics later today :D

Gix
    Participant

This is how it is on my bike Levi, (click pics to enlarge)

adjust the gear lever where it sez HERE,

and the rear brake is adjusted using the 2 nuts I have pointed out…

the longer the gap between the 2 nuts, the higher the lever is[;)]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Thanks but my bike isn’t like those set ups gix.

Never mind though, I think I have sorted the problem out.

Where I normally sit is indicated by the black ‘arrow’ that says “here”
    Sitting in this position presented me with a world of problems with the controls due to my height.
    bike.jpg

but sitting where the RED marker is, which means moving slightly more backwards on the seat, solves all of the problems and is only a little less comfortable.

Problem solved I think! Hehe

I tried my balance, by holding onto the drainpipe next to me and put both my feet up on the pegs and I can use the rear brake fully effectively now, same goes for the gear lever.
    Problem solved hehe

Now, dose anyone have any idea how much It will cost to

get my bike’s back end’s plastics replaced, see it snapped off when the bike hit the floor and as a result the back of the frame became bent, as far as I can tell the rear indicators just need fixing back into place (they are kind of just dangling down by wires, and the right one is missing a light.

That’s all it needs to be repaired, apart from the dent in the tank, but im not too bothered about that right now.
    Any ideas?

Gix
    Participant

if the subframe is bent it will need replacing or rectifying. have you tried sourcing the stuff you need from local breakers?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.