Finally, the sun on our back…the season kicks off….

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Finally, the sun on our back…the season kicks off….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar

It hasn’t been a bad winter to be honest, but it has felt like a long one. Darks nights, biting winds, the roads white from salt. I have managed the odd run locally on the 125 but today marked the real start to the biking season….Clear blue skies, strong sunshine and temperatures well into double digits.

I took my recently acquired 550 Kawasaki today and it looked great, the claret paint and chrome exhaust glinting in the sunshine. Ses dusted off his long dormant BMW to join me. Thumper came along too for his first major outing of the year, He was so keen he was even on time for the rendezvous..this is all but unkown!

DSCN0554_zps4dzlzbtt.jpg
    Looks good in this light you can’t see all the muck!

So the three of set off, picking away a mere 7 miles to our first halt in the charming little town of Kinver to catch up with an old mate and have a cuppa. Even this short leg took us through some good sections with excellent views, and one tight section even had a grass growing up the middle so Thumper was happy….

From here we had an excellent ride skirting Bridgnorth and on to Craven Arms. Great roads, a mix of challenging A/B roads that slice through some spectacular open countryside. On day like this we are blessed to be living in such a place.

We stopped briefly in Craven Arms, but the cafe in Harry Tuffins was closed, so after a natter with some fellow bikers we headed for Ludlow. Yet another cracking section of road and I was enjoying the 550. This was my first real ride on the old girl and he was proving a good ally on day when I wanted to enjoy myself but not go completely bonkers. I led the bikes into Ludlow. Every time I go there I am struck by just how lovely the place is, quintessentially English…tight meandering streets lined with black and white timbered buildings, a bustling market square over looked by a medieval castle. Every nook and cranny has history and tells a story….fabulous.

DSCN0561_zpsny2vbjnu.jpg
    Parking up in Ludlow

We parked up amongst a crowd of fellow bikers and headed for the closest cafe for a cuppa and the best slice of Victoria Sponge cake I have tasted in years. We sat at a pavement table, soaking up the atmosphere and basking in the spring sunshine. I have so needed a day like this.

The final leg took us back to Kidderminster over Clee Hill, another place that never disappoints and today the view was breathtaking. You can’t beat being on a bike on a day like this, you really can’t.

So back into Kidderminster and a total of 75 highly enjoyable miles covered. The Kwack did well on its’ first real outing and if the rest of summer is this good we are in for a cracking year!   

PS: Sorry about the lack of pics, too busy riding, drinking tea and eating cake!

ses310

What a cracking day it was! Had not ridden since September last year and was so good to finally have a nice day, so missed being out on the bike with good mates

Ready for the off
    f0505cfc-edc4-4211-8aac-e90e2d9d7434_zpsrzfz8pl8.jpg

The 3 bikes parked up in Ludlow
    a1375657-e29c-49d3-adba-a2ea53e8266c_zpskfh9emty.jpg

Moved the bikes across the road to be with all the other bikes
    73e41cca-c601-4d67-9feb-b46e0b593b00_zpsckbv59yz.jpg

Radar

It was an excellent first outing, thanks for adding a few more pictures. Need to get some of the others out now!

ses310

Those were the only 3 pics I took! Too busy enjoying the ride :) Yes be good to get some more out

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Need to get some of the others out now!

You’re damn right about that  :o

ses310

So when we gonna see the mighty kwak out ID????

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I’m hoping late April. Bike’s all legal but I can’t get out to play on it till then  :'(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.